quick menu

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Contributor Rugbygrlmel
Contributor
Message 11 of 151
(1,009 Views)

Verizon has now sent me 2 links to get my Amazon Gift Card with no luck.  The links that they are sending me to do not have the "amazon gift card image" to click on in order to register.  I have spent over 45 minutes on the phone with 4 different people and nobody can help!

Contributor Rugbygrlmel
Contributor
Message 12 of 151
(995 Views)

George039413 - how did you even get it to register?  Did your link through the email work?  

Contributor BostonMike
Contributor

Same issue here was transferred around from customer service, to promotions, to their web development team. The web development team member said he didn't have access to the code that builds their web page to see why the amazon gift card image wasn't appearing. He offered to transfer me to their promotions department which I told him I've already talked to them and they transferred me to him actually. So he opened a ticket and said there would be a resolution by 12/4. Still not resolved BTW and no phone call by verizon to follow up on the issue. Poor poor poor customer service, no one will take ownership of the issue, figure out whats going on and clearly communicate with their customers. Seems like Verizon is taking a page out of the comcast playbook. 

Contributor itfitz_87
Contributor

Rats, I was hoping this would be fixed by now..

Contributor Skyler262
Contributor
Message 15 of 151
(954 Views)

Depending on who you talk to some say yes its correct withing 48 hours the other half say thirty days if you click the link for redeeming the echo and scroll down even the webpage says withing 48 hours.

Copper Contributor george039413
Copper Contributor
Message 16 of 151
(940 Views)

Hi,

Yes, clicking the Get It Now link opened up the Fios app, which I had preinstalled when it was sent to me in earlier email. Within the app there was a section to register for the $100 Amazon reward. I was able to register for the reward. Then, going into that same section, allowed me to check on the status of the card, for which I was shown that processing would begin in 59 days (it went down everyday). . . . Just now, while writing this post, I checked the status and lo and behold, it says 0 days to processing?!?! But it says I'll be getting a $100 Visa card in the mail within 30 days. What a mess!

Contributor Jtor0713
Contributor

I have reached out to local media outlets in the NYC metro and upstate NY area and would encourage you to do the same. Verizon is not acting in good faith. 

Contributor Ill_god
Contributor
Message 18 of 151
(835 Views)

I signed up for the black Friday deal. I STILL haven’t been able to redeem my gift card. It’s been a week. What is goin on Verizon. I feel scammed

Contributor krisxrva
Contributor
Message 19 of 151
(824 Views)

I have not been able to get the $100 gift card after signing up for Verizon on black friday. I received an email saying to "Click on Gift Card Image" after clicking on the Get it noe button on the email. Needlesstosay, it takes me to a Verizon page to purchase accessories but there is no image of a gift card to click and no other links associated with redeeming the gift card. Does anyone know how to get the gift card? I hope this is not a scam, not a good way to start off new customer service Verizon...

Copper Contributor PatD03
Copper Contributor

I too, am having a hard time with the gift card.  Closed all my browsers.  So many were open from trying over and over and this time the link worked.  I had gotten the error message or it led me to my account to sign in but nothing was there. Of course on the My Fios App it showed thanks for registering and it will be processed in 60 days! ? ! So today, like the poster above, it changed to processing your VISA gift card not Amazon. Put a call in  And after a ridiculous long wait, the rep gave me a number to call.  Of course, they said “you don’t need us you need the 1-800-Verizon number.”   

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios