quick menu

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Contributor rcipolla001
Contributor

Great way to entice new customers then leave a horrible taste in their mouth due to a terrible mistake. I have the same issue, spent two hours on the phone and I was told that it's an IT issue. I was specifically told that if they don't fix in within a week, to call back and they'll see what they 'can do'. Not sure what that means? $100 service credit on my bill is the only thing I'd except in exchange.

Contributor AJA121
Contributor
Message 32 of 151
(825 Views)

I was told that within 24 hours of installion I would recive my gift card by e-mail. After registering it is going on 5 days! Fios app says you have to wait 60 days now!. THis is not what verizon prosimed. The customer service is awful. I have been transferred from one tech to another. I am fed up. I have been with them for less then a week and I am extremely disappointed! 

Copper Contributor frenzytom
Copper Contributor
Message 33 of 151
(804 Views)

Same here. I had a CS rep say to follow up with me on Monday and call the promotion together to get to the bottom of this. I will call retentions after if they can't fix this and lose me as a customer. 

Contributor Ill_god
Contributor

You guys need to fix this ASAP. It’s the holiday season. I’m almost certain 75% of us planned to use that gift card for gifts, myself included. I was told I’d get an email 48 hours with the link not 60 got dang days!!

Fix it and honor your word Verizon!

Contributor mikeizzy
Contributor
Message 35 of 151
(719 Views)

I signed up with Verizon FiOS through the Black Friday special.  I am supposed to be able to redeem a $100 amazon gift card 24 hours after installation.  I received an email from Verizon 24 hours after installation confirming that I could now register for the gift card.  The link provided in the email results in an error.  When I sign in to my Verizon account directly, there is no gift card image to click on to complete the registration (as instructed in the email).  How do I proceed to get the $100 amazon gift card?

Contributor sydder
Contributor

Same issue as reported by others - got the email 10 days ago that clearly states I can register to redeem the $100 Amazon gift card without waiting further, clicked on the link and logged in to my account. The icon/image described is not available on the site. Called CS, was passed from one agent to another, wasted an 75 minutes with 4 agents (including a 'supervisor') and was eventually told it was an IT issue and given an IT helpdesk number by the 'supervisor'. Called the IT number ans spent another 20 minutes with a tech support guy who at least seemed really keen to help but unfortunately he could not help. Was very apologetically told to contact the rewards center and give the number to call. I haven't called yet because I have wated enough time already and knowing Verizon, my problem will remain unresolved.

I feel I can better use that time to timea complaint with a consumer protection agency instead.

Contributor BostonMike
Contributor

Same for me... had my fios installed well over a week ago. Finally got the link to get my reward but now it says I have to wait 60 days. Ridiculous. Deal said 24-48 hours after installation not 2 MONTHS! I want my $100 gift card and a bill credit for wasting hours of my time on the phone with customer service.

Copper Contributor george039413
Copper Contributor

Sydder, agreed and did so already.

Contributor dchawk90
Contributor

At least some of you have been able to register. My account does not even show the Amazon Gift Card image they are telling me to click on.

Contributor MsJoy
Contributor
Message 40 of 151
(583 Views)

It is now 192 hours since installation and I am still not able to register for my $100 Amazon Gift Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios