quick menu

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Copper Contributor PatD03
Copper Contributor

And after finally getting the amazon link, mine now says I will get a visa gift card in 30 days.

Contributor MsJoy
Contributor
Message 42 of 151
(807 Views)

I tried this and my account is shown as already haven been activated but when I try to register for my Amazon Gift Card, my account information can't be found. I can't believe that a big company like Verizon can't rectify this issue and honor its word

Copper Contributor george039413
Copper Contributor

Followed sydder's suggestion and a Verizon Public Relations Executive (or similar; I wrote it down but can't find it at the moment) reached out to me next day. She restated that according to her research it was an IT problem, but that she would communicate internally with the departments involved to try to resolve this. She gave me her contact info, told me to give her a few days, and promised to call me back. Her title inspired some confidence, but who knows.

Contributor Dmee
Contributor

same issue for me i keep being told to wait another day...its been 5 days. Honestly if this is how things start as a new customer im thinking i was better off with comcast.

Contributor VZPleaseHelpMe
Contributor

I'm having the same issue, and have now wasted hours of my time trying to get it resolved. With the volume of similar issues reported online, it seems like Verizon dangles these fantastic promotions to reel customers in, and then makes it nearly impossible to actually redeem the promotion. I feel really bad for the people who don't have the time or patience to push for a resolution. Has anyone had luck posting on social media or filing a complaint?

My saga so far:

- Service was installed 12/1.

- I received the email telling me "It's time to get your Black Friday weekend bonus" on 12/2, but clicking the "Get it now" link doesn't get me to a place that shows the Amazon gift card. I've tried online and in the MyFios app.

- Spent an hour and a half on Friday 12/8 bouncing from online chat, to Verizon Rewards, to Promotions, to Customer Service. Customer Service said the promotion needed to be added to my account manually because "for some reason it was removed". They put in an exception request and said it would be resolved by Monday or Tuesday.

- Still doesn't work today. I have wasted another 2 hours of my time this afternoon. Online chat rep told me to call Blackhawk. Blackhawk couldn't see my account at all, and told me nobody had entered it into their system. He transferred me to Customer Service and told me to request a conference call with the Promotional Department so they can "provide information to each other" and get the promotion added. Customer Service said she can't do anything, and that the Promotional Department is having a large volume of calls so I should try calling back tomorrow.

Contributor VZPleaseHelpMe
Contributor

If you don't mind my asking, what channel did you use to file a complaint?

Contributor Dmee
Contributor
Message 47 of 151
(736 Views)

I want some clarity here, ive been calling customer support for days and still have not been able to find a solution. Everytime i click the redeem link it tells me to wait 24-48 hours but its been days since my service was installed. Ive talked to multiple customer service agents but they keep telling me to wait another day. please help me!

Contributor Dmee
Contributor
Message 48 of 151
(728 Views)

UPDATE 2 ok so i was able to sucessfully register my gift card but now it says it will take 57 days to process before i can use it.....

Contributor Dmee
Contributor

Capture.PNG

it clearly states it will arrive in your email within 24-48 hours, i really dont like to being lied to....

Copper Contributor frenzytom
Copper Contributor
Message 50 of 151
(687 Views)

What is most shocking out of this horrible experience is the lack of customer service even in this thread... It is like they don't want to find a solution...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios