quick menu

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

$100 Black Friday Gift Card - button not showing up - email link redirects to error page

Contributor rchell
Contributor
Message 71 of 151
(686 Views)

I guess everyone is having issues redeeming the $100 dollar amazon gift card?  I received an email to “get it” and then it doesn’t do anything but open My Fios app with no link to the amazon card.  A verizon rep told me to contact amazon but amazon has no idea what I’m talking about because there is absolutely zero information on their end. Amazon service was super nice but not their issue to resolve, as compared to verizon who just took me around in circles. This is my 5th attempt to claim. Seriously considering closing verizon account.... this is frustrating.   Help would be appreciated.

Contributor poorvasabu
Contributor
Message 72 of 151
(664 Views)

BE CAREFUL!!! Verizon has another offer for X'mas. Similar to Black Friday. They again quote that "customer will receive Amazon $100 gift card within 24-48 hours after installation." Why verizon still sending out the incorrect marketing messages. They have not even paid $100 to existing customers who registered during black friday. Now this is one more attempt to fool new set of customers. Not sure if there is a better way to caution new custmers. I have wasted enough time.. worried about others who may fall into this trap. Is there any way to file a consuer complaint?

Image 12-26-18 at 9.40 AM 2.jpg

Copper Contributor george039413
Copper Contributor
Message 73 of 151
(646 Views)

So I had decided to just let the month pass before i called verizon again. But today I am deleting emails and by chance and not even remembering about this verizon issue, I decided to open my spam folder, and lo and behold, emails from Verizon Notifications. The subject is "Your Amazon.com Gift Card from Verizon is here!" I had several reasons to be wary. Firstly, Gmail telling me it was spam, secondly the button was not clickable, and thirdly all the reps I had spoken to made it clear that they had a copy of every email that they sent me, and not once did they mention these. But curiosity got the best of me and I copied/ pasted the link (on my phone, in case it was a virus- I figured it was easier to factory reset my phone then my PC!, need be) to my browser, where I was shown a code. And..... I was able to redeem the code on Amazon for my reward!

Contributor JZ123
Contributor
Message 74 of 151
(648 Views)

I have the same problem as numerous others who have signed up for Fios service as I see postings across the Internet from a month ago!  I attempt to sign up, as directed, for the $100 gift card, which was part of the sign-up promotion, and get a message telling me there is no record of my account (see the message below).  This must be a known issue by Verizon and I see I'm not the only one complaining, yet after a call and two chat attempts I have received no relief, no acknowledgment that this is an issue, and no path forward.  Please let us all know how to fix this problem.  Unlike the other Amazon promotional items, which require a one month waiting period, this one does not say that -- actually directing me that I need to register by February.

Sorry. We could not find a matching record for the account information provided.

Contributor lissy
Contributor
Message 75 of 151
(633 Views)

Thanks for you post! Found the same email in my Spam folder as well. Took a few tries but the page finally loaded and I was able to apply the gift card!

Contributor poorvasabu
Contributor
Message 76 of 151
(618 Views)

YAY!!! I was also able to redeem my gift card!! huh!!!

Contributor Attorney25
Contributor
Message 77 of 151
(593 Views)

I was supposed to receive a $100 Amazon gift card as part of a new client bundle on Black Friday.  I have received multiple emails telling me I needed to redeem my award, but when I would click through the relevant links (which I have tried multiple times on multiple days), I would get the following messages on a Verizon VTP web site: "Sorry, we could not find a matching record for the account information provided."  I twice contacted customer services and neither time was provided any help on the matter.  I received an email today indicating that I am still eligble, but time is running out (interestingly, the email says "It's time to redeem!  You're still eligible for a _________" - no gift is identified).  I will be pretty ticked off if Verizon tries to claim I missed a deadline.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Contributor ZeroForever
Contributor
Message 78 of 151
(543 Views)

I've seen a few other people with this issue on the forums recently. I received the same type of e-mail on the 26th but have not seen/found the instructed 'Redeem Amazon offer' link within my account pages. Please advise.

Contributor verizoncust1
Contributor
Message 79 of 151
(537 Views)

Same here. Been on hold for over 30 mins with "rewards" program. 

Such a scam

Copper Contributor george039413
Copper Contributor
Message 80 of 151
(563 Views)

Have you checked your spam folder? That is where mine was, see above post.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios