2 yr Contract Coverage
ract
Contributor - Level 1

I just want to make sure that the Verizon service representative is providing me with the correct information.  She says the 2 yr contract price guarantee covers only the bundle package price and nothing else (HD set top box, movie channels, etc.).  Is this correct?

0 Likes
Re: 2 yr Contract Coverage
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This is correct. The 2 year price guarantee only covers the bundle price.

0 Likes
Re: 2 yr Contract Coverage
sgordon28

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

This is correct. The 2 year price guarantee only covers the bundle price.

I have found this to be VERY FRUSTRATING!! I just got this months bill and it has gone up because Verizon raised the cost of the BOX-not sure I had received any notification. This WAS NOT told to me when I signed up (I do not recall) that the equipment was not part of the service agreement (contract) we have in place for the two years. It is unreal to me that Verizon has a position (belief) that we have not entered into an agreed upon contract for services/equipment and cost for those items. While it is not worth my time/effort to check with an attorney on this topic I will surely "vote" when my contract expires (I will honor my commitment even if Verizon will not).

I was told it was due to replacement cost going up...did labor for your people not increase in the new year? Did benefits not increase? If so, your customer service's answer that the cost increased due to material cost increase is not reasonable...if it is then why do cost for services not go up as well? WE HAVE AN AGREEMENT for services, and in my mind, equipment.

Your staff could not tell me when a letter or email was sent out advising me of this cost increase

Your staff could not tell me the limits of any potential future increase

All your staff could tell me is if I did not like it to pay my cancellation fee and move on (I am paraphrasing their comments)

I will share this last bit of thought--not knowing the true number of customers that Verizon supports, I will assume 500K homes across the US (probably a very low count). If everyone's bill went up $1 per month (low end) they have generated $500K of additional income PER MONTH. How often do you replace boxes and what is the average cost? If I have paid $10 per month for 1 year that is $120....how much is your cost for a box top piece of equipment (no one would tell me that either!)

Again, I will surely "vote" on my services at my first opportunity!

Steve

0 Likes