$200 Nest Credit
RGaffney1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I signed up for Verizon Fios, specifically because I was being offered a $200 credit towards Nest/Google Smart Home products.  I must sign up for the Triple Play, plus sign up for AutoPay, which I did both.  The last thing was to have the service for at least 31 days.  I completed all the requirements.

I received an email saying my $200 credit was ready to be redeemed, just follow the link.  I also was notified on the app that my credit was ready to be redeemed.  I followed the link provided, put it in my shopping cart and attempted to checkout.  It did not give me my credit and was charging me full price.  I called a customer service rep and they put me on hold for 20 minutes and then claimed it was an "IT problem" that they are working on.  This is ridiculous.  It is 2018.  You mean to tell me that Verizon's IT staff can't figure out how to fix this?  Or, why can't they process this manually?  It is a scam to delay you so you don't redeem the credit.  They make you jump through hoops to get the credit, but refuse to pay up.  If my bill isn't paid on time I would be charged for a late fee.  They should be too.  Contracts work both ways.  I'm a new customer and highly disappointed with the customer service.  They don't care about you once you sign up.

Re: $200 Nest Credit
jonjones1
Legend

The issue you are experiencing seems to be the norm. Google not getting my chrome book after signing up, rewards not posted to my account, $100, $200, $300 etc. awards and gift card link not functioning and many other promised inducements not honored.

don't feel bad the wireless side pulls the same in rebates, and gift cards etc. so it is company wide. Years ago instead of buying my iPhones through Apple I was induced by Verizon to get a $300-400 credit on a new iPhones. Two of my transactions went through perfectly. I even took a picture of the ad on the wall on the store and the Verizon employee who kept assuring me I would get the credit even though my wife’s iPhone plus had to be shipped. He said hold on to the old phone and I was in the system until it would arrive in three days.

the new iPhone arrived 2 weeks later, then Verizon kept saying the promotion was over so I was going to eat full cost. Needless to say I explained I will either get the account credit as promised or I take further actions. I guess after I took further actions which I cannot say here, I got my money and then some.

people should not just sign up for service on such inducements. If money off on the spot on equipment and the like that is one thing. For rewards or rebates never.

0 Likes
Re: $200 Nest Credit
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RGaffney,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes