$250 VZW Gift Card for signing up for Fios: Another case of poor customer service
KC410

I signed up for Fios back in June 2017, with the understanding that I would be getting a $250 VZW gift card. It's even in the transcript of my order. 

In September, I contacted the Billing dept, and I was told that I will get the gift card, but it won't be mailed until I have had Fios service for 90 days.

In December, I contacted Billing via telephone. I was told that the gift card was showing, but he didn't know the status. I was then transferred to the gift card dept, which was completely automated. I then began chat, and went through 6 depts before I had to call it a day. It took 2 hours, with no resolution.

I resumed chat the next day, attempting to start with Billing. When doing so, someone from Repair services was connected to my chat, rather than Billing. I went through, I think, 3 people this time, and another 2 hours. I was basically told, in the end, that I wasn't eligible for the card, and that I was misinformed by the other 3 people who told me

otherwise.  WHAT?! In the end, they should be honoring what I was told, but that hasn't yet been done. It was even suggested to me to call the cancellation department to see if threatening to cancel my service would cause Verizon to correct the problem... WHY IS VERIZON SUGGESTING THAT I TRY TO CANCEL TO GET WHAT IS OWED TO ME?! Ridiculous. 

I was given a customer support email address, and I emailed them, but I readnin a past post that there is no customer support email address. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?! HOW DO I KNOW WHO IS AND ISN'T TELLING THE TRUTH AT VERIZON?! 

Within the email, I said that I would go to the BBB (or maybe It should be the FCC?) if I don't receive a response. It's been 24 hours with no response, so I will file a claim tomorrow. It's ridiculous that customers have to go through this, especially when they have the documented transcripts to reference. They should honor the deals offered to their customers, and I will try as hard as I can to not let them get away with this!

0 Likes
Re: $250 VZW Gift Card for signing up for Fios: Another case of poor customer service
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi KC4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes