$250 Visa Card Scam
got_scammed

I too was scammed by the Visa $250 gift card offer.  I signed up for a triple play package and was told by the door-to-door sales rep that I would recieve the card after 3 months  To add insult to injury, I was told that I would have a month-to-month plan.  So my thought at that point was to switch from Comcast to Verizon, and after three months, collect my Gift Card, and if not happy with the Verizon product, cancel with no penatly and move back to Comcast.  So after about 5 months, not having recieved the promised gift card, I contacted the sales rep that sold me the plan and was informed that I should have recieved an email regarding my gift card.  When I told him that I hadn't recieved any emails, he told me he would look into it and get back to me.  A few weeks later, I contacted him via text message and his response was "I'm finishing up with a customer.  I'll call you back as soon as I can Mr. ########.  I'm not sure why you havent gotten the gift card yet but I can find out."  That was two weeks ago, still havent heard back.  That must be one tough customer!  So I make the call to Verizon "Customer Service."  After an hour on the phone, I find out that I will not be recieving any gift card, and that I have a 2 year contract!  I was told that even though I wasn't eligable for the gift card, I did get a "GREAT DEAL!"  After more discussion, I was elevated up one tier from Prefered to Extreme for an additionl charge which would then be credited back each month for a zero dollar net increase in my bill.  Oh, and a new 2 year contract.  I hung up the the phone, after an hour and a now cold dinner.  And no gift card.  

After being scammed myself, I did some internet research and have come to the conclusion that my situation is not an isolated case.

0 Likes
Re: $250 Visa Card Scam
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes