$250 deposit- customer for 2 years
Mikeylmcb86
Has anyone ever heard of this?

I've been a Verizon Fios customer for almost 2 years now, I was supposed to move on April 4th, long story short move was cancelled due to reasons beyond my control. I had already had my services ready to be setup today April 8th at my new place. My services at my address were disconnected on April 4th so I called immediately to have them turned back on. I was told I'd have to wait until my move order cancelled in the system, which I was told would be today. I was told to call back today and then my services would be restored in 24-48 hours. So, I called this morning and I'm now being told I have to pay a $250 deposit.

What gives, I've been a customer for almost 2 years already, my account was not past due and I had no balance. In fact I just paid my bill 4 days before I was supposed to be moving.
0 Likes
Re: $250 deposit- customer for 2 years
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have heard they insist on a deposit if you don't have a social security number to give them.  Is that the case?

0 Likes
Re: $250 deposit- customer for 2 years
Mikeylmcb86
Nope gave them my ss number and that's when they told me about the $250 deposit. I didn't even have to put down a deposit when I initially set my service up almost 2 years ago.

Also when I setup my move which would have been installed today they never said anything about a deposit.
0 Likes