Switch Account

$250 deposit- customer for 2 years

$250 deposit- customer for 2 years

Contributor Mikeylmcb86
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(493 Views)
Has anyone ever heard of this?

I've been a Verizon Fios customer for almost 2 years now, I was supposed to move on April 4th, long story short move was cancelled due to reasons beyond my control. I had already had my services ready to be setup today April 8th at my new place. My services at my address were disconnected on April 4th so I called immediately to have them turned back on. I was told I'd have to wait until my move order cancelled in the system, which I was told would be today. I was told to call back today and then my services would be restored in 24-48 hours. So, I called this morning and I'm now being told I have to pay a $250 deposit.

What gives, I've been a customer for almost 2 years already, my account was not past due and I had no balance. In fact I just paid my bill 4 days before I was supposed to be moving.
2 REPLIES 2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 3
(481 Views)

I have heard they insist on a deposit if you don't have a social security number to give them.  Is that the case?

Contributor Mikeylmcb86
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(478 Views)
Nope gave them my ss number and that's when they told me about the $250 deposit. I didn't even have to put down a deposit when I initially set my service up almost 2 years ago.

Also when I setup my move which would have been installed today they never said anything about a deposit.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.