$250 gift card scam
veriznbad

The Verizon $250 gift card promotion is a scam.  I contacted Verizon today after 3+ months of service looking for my gift card.  When I signed up for service I was given a total monthly charge and at the end the representative told me that I would receive my gift card after 90 days of making payments on the account. Today I was told that the monthly price included a $20/mo discount and I was not getting the $250 gift card.  Clearly their sales force is doing what it can to sign up customers including lying.  As I am not the only one on the Verizon Message Board that has had this problem, it sounds like they are setting themselves up for a class action suit.  Who else out there has been scammed?

0 Likes
Re: $250 gift card scam
AGunz82

I got scammed too. They're are telling me I never checked off the option for the gift card when that was one of the reason I signed up. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AGunz82,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

AGunz82,

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,

Amanda_M 

0 Likes
SkyeDragon80

I keep seeing more and more about people who were told they would be getting a card after signing up. I too signed up in April of 2014. With the $250 card for signing up. I called and they said because I only chose a double play that I was not eligible ... from the ad I saw when I signed up .. It said with a double or triple play. 

Unfortunately, I do not have that ad .. didn't think I would have to save the **bleep** thing for 3 months to prove my case. You would think ... had it said I HAD TO HAVE the triple play .. I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE PLAN!!!!!!  This is the only issue I have had with Verizon, not holding up their end of the deal. 

The service guy was nice and was proficient is installing all the new lines. I am disappointed in the fact that this is happening and the more I look for answers .. the more and more I see people who are in the same boat and feeling lied to. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SkyeDragon80,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

SkyeDragon80,

We have not heard back from you on this issue, pleease let us know if you have any other questions. We will be closing the support case at this point.

Josh

0 Likes
dreathurlow

Add me to list of ones who got scammed from Verizon!!!  I also signed up in April and was to receive a $250 gift card...one of the reasons I signed up with Verizon rather than Comcast.  I had not received anything, and today called and talked to a rep.  She said I was getting a discount instead of the gift card....which is not the case.  When I signed up, the triple play was quoted at $69.99 and I would receive a $250 discount.  I am so mad right now.  I gave all of my information and she said there was nothing she could do.  I am thinking about canceling everything....all verizon services as well as all of my cell phone services through them!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dreathurlow,

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes