300 Prepaid Visa? False promotion?
Deolarte
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello everyone,

It seems I also am a victim of poor advertising practices, I signed up in April for a May 1st Installation, where I was expicitly told I would get a 300 prepaid visa card with the current promotion. The installation was okay even though they never provided hdmi cables and the wanted 50 dollar per line just to drill a hole in the wall. None of this was ever told to me ahead of time. Then after installing I had extrememly poor wifi serv ice in my house, they provided no solution but having for me to buy a repeater and router. I now have three routers in my home for a 3 bedroom apartment. So I decide to let that all go and inquire about my Gift Card. I was just told that the promotion offer does not show in my account. I dont understand why as I signed up with a two year contract because of the gift card. if not I would have just stayed with the same cost and have no contract. I dont find this fair, as I have been more than patient, and I left Time warner just because of this gift card. Does anyone know what I can do? Do I have to file a complaint with the better business bureau? Thanks for your help in advance. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 300 Prepaid Visa? False promotion?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

stearns158
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seems the same thing happened to me (back when I joined FIOS though, it was $200).  Never received it (I even had documentation to prove I was owed this $200 visa gift card).  After several months of back and forth, I finally told a supervisor to cancel my tv, internet, phone and wireless accounts with verizon and that I was going back to Direct TV with AT&T wireless starting the next day.  They gave me a $200 credit plus free premium channels for 3 months. BUT it was like pulling teeth and three months of phone calls- time that I'll never get back.  WAY TO GO VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Deolarte
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was just on the phone with the rewards deparment and they claim that because of a current promotion on my account,  Customer Service didint add the gift card to my account. I was promised such promotion on the website as that was due to the bundle package. I was told I would get that pricing and that I would get the gift card. Which is why I signed up for two years. Had this not been the case I would not have signed up, he said I should call customer service since he cannot do anything from there.  Customer service sent me here, I can seel that this will begin a back and forth which I will only be given the run around. I dont find this to be fair. 

0 Likes
Deolarte
Enthusiast - Level 2

@steams 185

I guess I will have to call a supervisor when I get off work, I cant believe it has to take this much work, not counting the 7 hour installation process for fios. If I cant get help from them I will have to file a complaint with the BBB. I dont want but it seems it might be the only way.  Thanks

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for allowing us to look into this matter we have closed out your private support case. If you do have additional questions in the future, feel free to post them here. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
asnyder112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here - except I was promised a $250 VISA card.  We signed up online in March 2014, ordered the required bundle, have paid all of our bills on time, but have heard NOTHING from the company regarding their keeping their promise to send out a prepaid card.  I can tell that with all the postings I've been reading that this is another giant corporate scam.  It appears that thousands of people are being denied what they were supposed to get or are simply being given the corporate run-around in the hope that they will simply give up.  Very clever, Verizon, but I suppose with your sad reputation for customer service, I should have expected nothing less.  Maybe you can dig real deep into your incredibly cash-lined pocket and give me what you said you would?

Deolarte
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dont expect anything, I tried to be reasonable, they will ask you to post in private forum and then just give you a simple no. Even though they will admit to being wrong. Even after filing with Better business Bureau they will day, it only applies to tripple play, even though they said by the phone it works with double play. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello ansyder112

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
rnovak28

I've also been tricked into this Visa gift card scam!  The best part is, I made a post related to this before and my problem was sent to Executive Escalations where, of course, they never received the reward information from when I signed up.   So I was forced to call Verizon and be put on hold for at least 15 minutes.  I hung up in the end because I should have to fight over and over for something that was promised when signing up.  Verizon is offering the same promotion I signed up for in FEBRUARY 2014, yet they can't find my information or provide some sort of customer service.  I definitely won't be renewing my contact and will be counting down the days until I can go back to comcast.

0 Likes