Re: 300 Prepaid Visa? False promotion?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rnovack28,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

asnyder112,

We are happy to investigate the Gift Card, but can not take any action without your account information. Having asked for this information multiple times without response in your Private Support Case we have now closed said case. If you still require assistance please make a new Post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
asnyder112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here - except I was promised a $250 VISA card.  We signed up online in March 2014, ordered the required bundle, have paid all of our bills on time, but have heard NOTHING from the company regarding their keeping their promise to send out a prepaid card.  I can tell that with all the postings I've been reading that this is another giant corporate scam.  It appears that thousands of people are being denied what they were supposed to get or are simply being given the corporate run-around in the hope that they will simply give up.  Very clever, Verizon, but I suppose with your sad reputation for customer service, I should have expected nothing less.  Maybe you can dig real deep into your incredibly cash-lined pocket and give me what you said you would?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi asnyder112,

A private support case was opened for you when you posted this message earlier, but was closed because the support agents did not hear from you.  Would you like us to reopen the private support case for you?

0 Likes
asnyder112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about that - my fault.  Yes, could you please open the case  up again.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

asnyder112, due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you.

^Matthew

0 Likes
SusanF0

I've had the same problem since I signed up online for 2 years of FIOS Internet, TV, & phone in February, 2014.  I was responding to an offer of $89.99/month for the first year and a $250 VISA prepaid card.  I have not received the VISA prepaid card and have spent considerable time (3 frustrating phone calls) trying to get Verizon to live up to this offer.  I still have the original promotion mailing and see the same promotion weekly in an ad bundle i receive via USPS.    Verizon's customer service takes forever to reach, says I didn't sign up for the $250 prepaid card offer, and gave me a hard time about escalating this issue.  Seeing all the complaints in the forums about this issue reaffirms my suspicion that this is a scam.

Verizon's default on the original offer, plus the surcharge for sports I never watch, plus the lack of TCM and PBS On Demand, the exasperating phone menu and website, extremely poor customer service, and annoying promotion phone calls and emails have convinced me that signing up for FIOS was a big mistake.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SusanF0,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
SusanF0

This issue has not been resolved.  Verizon customer service in the chat resulting from my original post gave me the same runaround that the phone customer service people gave me.  They all seem to be reading from the same dishonest script, where they say they are giving me a better deal with discounts that end up at the same $89.99/month promised.  This is definitely a scam.  How does one get Verizon to honor the offer, which I accepted in good faith?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have re-opened your private support case. Please return to the private support board to discuss this with the agent.

0 Likes