Re: 300 Prepaid Visa? False promotion?
pakyo

So I guess I am not the only one being told getting discounts would mean no gift card. My service started in May, it's been 5 months that I was waiting patiently. Today I finally called Verizon, after half hour waiting on call, I was told the email they sent you on blah blah blah day confirmed that you are getting blah blah blah discount, it doesn't say you will be getting 300 visa card, so that means you are not getting Visa Card. I was like, huh? The promotion I signed up online at that time was getting the discount, and if I signed up for 2 years, I will get 300 Visa card. How was I suppose to know that an email sent to confirm my installation of service was a proof of contract that I am not getting gift card?  How would I know a big company like Verizon will cheat the way out of the promotion?  I am telling all my friends to save proofs, take pictures of the promotion, or ask for something in writing, and if not they will not get anything at the end. Oh of course, I told them after all the trouble you might not get what you promised anyhow, just stay away from Verizon at cost.  All companies are having same speed and more channels, if you can't live up to the promotion that you sent out to lure ppl to your company, then don't start promotion at all. I would have gone for Fios for the speed anyhow, but having to deal with this scam, I am counting down the day the service ends so I can switch to others. 

0 Likes
Where is my Netflix Promo Code? When am I going to receive my $150 Prepaid VISA card?
DespiseLiars

Hello.

I'm a new Verizon customer.  My service was installed on 2014-11-04.  I took a Spanish package triple play bundle 2-yr contract.  It includes FiOS TV (spanish package programming), 75/75 mbps internet, and digital phone line.  The promotion is $150 Visa Card and 1yr free subscription on Netflix.  Since i got my service installed, I haven't gotten any information about the Visa Card and Netflix subscription.  

Would you help me, or guide me on how to have the promo honored?

0 Likes
Re: Where is my Netflix Promo Code? When am I going to receive my $150 Prepaid VISA card?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DespiseLiars,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please use Contact Us, or visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Re: Where is my Netflix Promo Code? When am I going to receive my $150 Prepaid VISA card?
LynbrookNY

I'm sure we would all love to use Verizon customer service, however, they are useless.   I too was promised $200 gift card back in May of 2014.   I had a phone message offering the reward for being a loyal customer.   I renewed my contract for 2 years (BIG MISTAKE) and even had an online conversation with an agent over the Summer who AGAIN confirmed that after 90-days from signing up I would indeed get my $200 Visa gift card.  Now of course I've been told it was not in my contract and that the wonderful customer service reps say they have no control over what was told to me prior.

So, I've since reduced my service to less cable channels, saving $20/month. Additionally I will pay Amazon Prime $99/year so I can watch HBO on my smart TV and not pay the $240 year to Verizon that I would have, if they had only give me the $200 visa gift card.

It seems they treat NEW customers better than their existing customers.   Come May 2016 it will be BYE BYE verizon.  You can keep your false advertising and I will open a case with the BBB.

0 Likes
LynbrookNY

You'd be better of reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. It is doubtful anyone of their agents will do anything but give you the run around and say it was never promised.

Hopefuly you did not sign a 2-year contract as I did. 

0 Likes
Re: 300 Prepaid Visa? False promotion?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes