300 Visa Gift card is a scam
fwikoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for the Triple Pay with a 2 year agreement and was suppose to get a 300.00 gift card after 3 months.  Three months went by and no card.  I called and was told that it wasn't on my account and that it would be escalated up to the promotions department.  I waited a couple of weeks still no card and no contact from the promotion department.  I called back and was told that I had to have signed up for the 2 year agreement and I wasn't.  I was  logged in to my account on the screen that said "This is what you have, it clearly said I had the Verizon Triple Play with a 2 year agreement.  When I said that the person I was speaking to said that is not in the system.  I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was turned over to Andy {edited for privacy}.  He was less then helpful and I got the feeling he could care less about my problem.  When I told him I was looking at my account online as I was talking to him and it has my having a 2 year agreement he said he had no idea what I was looking at because that is not what he see.  Pretty much called me a liar.  He then told me I could fax a screen shot of what I was looking at  to {edited for privacy}.  I  sent the fax on 11/19 and have confirmation that it went thorough.  The fax had all my contact info and I requested that someone contact me, to date I have heard NOTHING.  Luckly I made the screenshot right when he told me that because I went back in to my account later and my status had been changed to no Term. I would like to know if that is standard procedure for covering up your mistake.  As I spoke to Andy I ask the since according to him I have no term I could cancel even though I have only been with Verizon for 4 months at that time.  He told me I could do what I want, so much for caring for your customer.  I told him that I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  He told me that was my right.  Agian he did nothing to make me feel like your company cared at all for its customers.  I have contact Consumers Affairs after reading that I am not the only customer taken in with this false promotions.

So Verision will you honor your promise of the 300 gift card?  I don't want to cancel since it is a hasle to do so but

Tags (1)
Re: 300 Visa Gift card is a scam
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fwikoff,

Sorry you are having difficulty regarding your gift card. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
fwikoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got off the phone with your customer service and was told again that I was not quilifed to get the card.  I could sign up for the 2 year agreement now (even though I signed up for that in the begining)  and if I do that my payment go up but I would get the card.  Since I am so upset with your customer service I want the options to cancel if I decided to.  I did cancel all my premiun channels and all other extra so that I can pay close to the 79.99 I was suppose to pay.  I no longer trust your company to go with a 2 year agreement with hopes that I might get a gift card that I was promised months ago.  So unless you have a customer service person call me to tell me that my service will stay the same and I would still get the gift card there is no need to have anyone call. If I get a call telling me again there is nothing you can do will just push me closer to cancelling altogether.

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

If you cancel now you will have to pay an early termination fee so be careful what you do.

0 Likes
fwikoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to them I can cancel anytime I want to.  I don't beleive it, they've lied to me before.

TrickyDick3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have had scam pulled on me by Verizion with the gift card. I was offered the card because I added the TV to my package. A switch from Direct TV. I see that was a mistake because Direct TV at least was honest with me for the 11 years I was with them. Verizion promised me a gift card and had me agree to all the terms and conditions which you must do or else. Now they didn't enclud the gift card in the terms but a person would take the word of the agent since she was selling me a package. Well after waiting a few months no card. Called and was told it was in the mail. Called another month and was told I must have thrown it away. Called again and was told there was never a gift card offered. They think you're stupid. Called today Jan. 27 almost a year later and was told they couldn't have offered me a card because I already had internet and phone and was adding on the TV package. I knew that and I know what I heard and had it repeated to me a few times that I would get a gift card in the mail for getting the whole bundle. Verizion I heard they will lie but I didn't want to believe the stories. I thank God I didn't change my cell phone plan because I almost did. NO! I will not recommend Verizion to anyone I like. Only someone I don't like. No I will not renew my contract and if I can I am going to get another company to buy me out so I can dump  Verizion. Verizion get your act together. Your company is too big to have to lie to get customers to join. I would have joined anyway but now that I know what a lier this company is I want out. I have no problem with your service or programing but I hate your customer service.

Richard

'

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi TrickyDick,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes