$400 Visa Card Not Received - Nearly 120 Days since Activation
blondiemcsteel

So I know everyone says these things take forever to get mailed, it says clearly you should receive it within 90 day of activation as long as your account is paid timely (which mine has been).  In fact, 3 weeks ago I received a postcard with the PIN number for my Visa prepaid card.  However, the card has never arrived.  The "check your status" website has said for over a month that it is "processing and you'll receive it within 30 days".  HOWEVER, the website has not even beek working for the last week.  It spins and spins and then gets stuck without ever loading.  Now, if this is an internet problem, well I have Fios cable internet.  So... what to do?  Is this one of those scams where they hope 80% of the people forget all about it?  Or is there a third party company that has fallen apart recently?  I'm not really sure what to do now.  It seems really odd that I'd have received a PIN number 3 weeks ago if I wasn't approved for it or if it hadn't already processed.  I'm starting to wonder if it was stolen out of the mail or something but how would I even know since the website www.verizon.com/rewards won't load and when it did, no information got updated...?

0 Likes
Re: $400 Visa Card Not Received - Nearly 120 Days since Activation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello blondiemcsteel,

Have you contacted customer support directly to check on the status of your card?  You may contact a support agent at Contact Us for assistance.

0 Likes
JeremyDrago
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am running into the same problem as you are, and unfortunately, it looks like this will not be an easy battle to win.  Granted, I am only 7 days over the max 30 days they say it should take to receive the card, but I still expect to have what I am contractually obligated to within the time frame that was agreed to.  I have placed many calls into verizon about this, and here is how it goes down every time, and I am sure most will agree:

ME:  I am calling about my $400 dollar prepaid visa card that I have not received yet even though I got a card in the mail that said it would be here within 15 days....

VERIZON REP:I'd be happy to help you with that....BLAH BLAH (they tell you that it shows your card as being shipped, even though the site tells you its still processing, and you tell them that.  Then they "conference" you, aka, dump you onto someone else so they dont have to deal with it.  Then, you get to tell the same story to this person, who then tells you it actually is still processing and it hasnt been mailed out yet.  They dont know how or why or when, but they do apologize and assure you that you will get your card"  Every now and then you can get a supervisor who acts like they care, and they tell you a date they are hoping for to get you off the phone, even though they know its a lie.   

Now repeat that same conversation EVERY time you call.  I think its funny how some of the reps will really make you feel like they are trying something different, but all in all, they are doing the same stuff as the others, just make it seem like they are trying harder so you wont yell at them.  

0 Likes
ebee202

I know...when I first signed up it said my gift card would be sent on or about 1/24/2015 . And now everyday that date moves..yesterday it said 2/25/2015 today it says 2/26..a week or so ago it was 2/16....I received my post card with my PIN almost a month ago and it says the card would be here in 15 days...How long does it take to receive it?

0 Likes
EWC21

I had the same problem and have called Verizon twice to ask about it.  The first time I checked the online chat rep directed me to the business line, where it was nearly impossible to reach a human.  The human was then rather unhelpful, but was able to confirm that Verizon had sent my info to the 3rd-party company on 2/13 and said it could take up to 15 days to receive the card.  I still hadn't gotten it yesterday (2/27 - I know, a day 'early', but I was antsy) and checked with an online chat rep again.  This time I was given the number for Verizon's Promotions office, and was on hold for a while but at least was waiting for a real person.  Then I got through and this person - George, I think - was actually helpful!  I know, exception to the rule . . . Anyway, apparently that third-party company that distributes the cards ran into some glitch for all customers they received from Verizon over a 2-week period, including 2/13.  Verizon brass has apparently sorted it with the company and is assuring these customers that the cards will be received by March 7th at the latest.  March 7th will be 117 days since my install date, not the 90 written in all the fine print, but I guess better late than never.

0 Likes