7232 - Have to pay for upgrade after was promised for install????
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had told sales over a year ago not to call me in regards to going with the full Triple Play package as my other providers DVR was able to hold way more recordings.  So I was called several weeks ago and was told the new 7232 was available.  Made the decision and set up the install the next week (4/22/11).  The tech arrived and was good, but had the old DVR.  He stated that it was not the first install where the new one was sold, but that I could call and get on a waiting list since they did not have any in stock.   It took speaking with 3 people before getting to a person that could walk me through getting on the waiting list. 

Well tonight received the email that the DVR was now available, but it comes with a cost of $40.00.  I tried to call and have no idea what department to go to and most of them are closed right now anyway.  Why would Verizon promise equipment, not install promised equipment, and then charge additional fees for that equipment?  The only reason I made the switch was due to the new DVR.

Reconsidering my choice in Phone, Internet and now TV provider.  I left a perfectly good TV provider (there is a reduction in total costs) and have already sent equipment back, so switching back will not be easy.  At no point in the sales call, tech visit, and support call to get on the waiting list was I ever told about a fee. 

NOT HAPPY WITH VERIZON RIGHT NOW.

Email details:

1)     Select this icon
2)     Enter your “My Verizon” username and password.
3)     Your account will show all DVRs in your home which are eligible for an upgrade. Check each device you wish to upgrade.
4)     Check equipment exchange fee of $39.99 for each FiOS TV DVR ordered. This charge will be reflected on your next bill.
5)     Review your selections, complete your order, and hit the “Submit” button.
6)     Print this page for your records. Expect delivery of the new FiOS TV DVR by mail within 5 business days.
7)     Act within 30 days of receipt of this email to take advantage of available inventory.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 7232 - Have to pay for upgrade after was promised for install????
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issue was resolved, but was bounced around to 3 departments till got someone that could help.

I am satisfied now, new 7232 has arrived and there was an issue at activation due to a network outage.  Live chat was able to resolve the issues with the activation and no packages loading.

Finally happy with the results......

Now just need to figure out how to reset the Remote DVR app on the Blackberry to the new box...but that is for another thread.

View solution in original post

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact  customer service team via live chat or email at http://www.verizon.com/contactus then let us know how you  make out.

0 Likes
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2

What options do I use to get to a live person?  That was the issue on the install day, no department wanted to deal or even listen to the entire issue before transfering me to someone else.

0 Likes
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, did look at first on doing the email, but it restricts the options/departments an email would go to and I didn't want to get stuck in a loop of transfers with no answer.  If you have access to my account or email that is on my user, can you send me a direct number to speak with someone tomorrow?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you use that Contact Us page, you should get an option for live chat, and that should get you what you need. If it doesn't, ask the agent for the phone number for the billing department.

0 Likes
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Live chat was absolutely no help at all.  Told billing is who to call.  Two calls placed from work, each one wanted a different piece of information to lock my account, was at work, so had to login, pull information and call back.  3rd call, system issues.  4th call after I get home 6:15 PM EST, system upgrade call back in about an hour.  5th call at 7:08PM EST still system upgrade.

ANYONE HAVE A DIRECT NUMBER FOR SOMEONE TO RESOLVE ISSUES LIKE THIS, OR A LOCAL CONTACT CENTER IN OR NEAR ASHBURN, VA THAT COULD ASSIST.

I have the previous providers equipment boxed up and in my car, but will wait to see if this is resolved before send out.  It is sad that the company you cancel service with is more of a pleasure and easier to get a hold of  than the new company that is providing service.

0 Likes
djgva
Enthusiast - Level 2

Issue was resolved, but was bounced around to 3 departments till got someone that could help.

I am satisfied now, new 7232 has arrived and there was an issue at activation due to a network outage.  Live chat was able to resolve the issues with the activation and no packages loading.

Finally happy with the results......

Now just need to figure out how to reset the Remote DVR app on the Blackberry to the new box...but that is for another thread.