$99 Installation Fee
KriZtee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently got Verizon Fios Installed, I was told prior by a customer service representative from Verizon that it would be waived. However, I was still charged it POST-installation. Now I'm stuck with the $99 fee since it's already installed when I could have gone with another provider that wouldn't have charged me the fee. What should I do? It hasn't been 30 days yet, but I've already been billed this extra fee. 

Re: $99 Installation Fee
jonjones1
Legend

@KriZtee wrote:

I recently got Verizon Fios Installed, I was told prior by a customer service representative from Verizon that it would be waived. However, I was still charged it POST-installation. Now I'm stuck with the $99 fee since it's already installed when I could have gone with another provider that wouldn't have charged me the fee. What should I do? It hasn't been 30 days yet, but I've already been billed this extra fee. 

This is a tricky situation in that if it has not been 30 days you are covered under the Fios total customer satisfaction guarantee so you can cancel services under that provision. 

https://www.verizon.com/home/fios-registration/

See bottom of page in case customer rep claims there is no such thing.

print it out you may need it later.

normally the install fee is waived only when using online ordering. If any human gets envolved it is charged.