Re: ALERT! RIP-OFF-SCAM ! UNAUTHORIZED OUTSIDE PROVIDER BILLED ON VZN STATEMENT
BAnsl
Enthusiast - Level 3

That was weird, typed in my message, Posted it, and when I looked at it - it was blank...

Anyway, what I said was;

What I actually did;

Phoned Auto Pilot and had the charges cancelled, apparently it was in my Wife's name, so she called later and managed to get the $19.99 refunded.

Then I called Verizon billing - I already had to call them about another bill problem.

They blocked the third party charrges imediately, and also fixed my other bill problem.

So hopefully I am safe from any more third party charges on my bill.

Thanks,

AgentCooper

I have a 14.95 monthly bill on my Verizon statement from "esbi."  It shows that this is for something called "unitedtel.com Wwwhellomailmnthlyfee."  Of course, I NEVER ordered this, but I have apparently been paying for it for at least a year.  I am angry at myself for not checking my bill more closely, but I am extremely angry at the unscrupulous company that has been scamming me.  HOW CAN VERIZON ALLOW ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT TO OTHERS TO STEAL FROM ME WHEN MY OWN ACCESS IS SO CUMBERSOME ?!?!?!?!?!?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Thank your FCC for allowing this. Not Verizon. There are many threads here in the community regarding this subject.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/Other/cramming/cramming.html

http://www.ftc.gov/be/v980033.shtm#III

Search in the community for Third Party Billing. Call Verizon billing and tell them you did not request or subscribe to the service and request it be removed. I have also called the third party and demanded the same. It has always been removed or credited.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=third+party#/?q=third+party+billing&sea...

CritterCreek

I have now seen a charge on our bill USBI SUMMARY $7.43 Billed on behalf of Nationwide LD svc.  I went back through 4 months of bills and it is on all of them it started in Aug 2013 My husband recalls a phone call he got here at home on a Sunday evening aroung 10pm and he thought it was a Verizon customer srv rep. however now after reading online and in here it was a company who convinced my husband he worked for verizon and was going to save us money LOL well here is the problem we do not have long distance on our home phone, we use our cell phone for long distance calling because it is cheaper.  We have a land line to our home only because our family can call us on our land line.  Anyway I will admit this is our fault, but the practices that these companys use to trick you into there service makes me ill.  I have tried for the past 24 hours to contact the number that verizon gave me to call and I am put on hold for 10 minutes and then a recording comes on to leave a message, in which I have, I am not happy with all this and I have instructed verizon to do the block thing however the agent I talked to said my long distance now has a block which is fine we dont want long distance.  I wonder if it shows on my account online if I have the 3rd pary billing block anyway I dont know what else to do I cant wait on hold all day and if they wont call me back then what else can I do?  My bill is paid up to date, if we are responsible for the mistake on this charge then so be it but I dont want to be charged anymore for it.

0 Likes