Absolute worst customer service
EvanKovac

I have been a loyal customer for 2 years and recently noticed a $15 increase in my monthly bill. When I called to inquire, I was informed that a credit that was being applied to my account had expired. I was therefore offered a new $5 monthly credit, which I accepted. I thought this would be the end of the matter. However, when I received my updated bill, I noted that not only did I not receive a $5 reduction in my bill, but my bill actually increased! When I questioned the revised charges, the customer service agent condescendingly explained that because of taxes, my bill is now higher after applying the credit, but that I should be thankful for the credit, nonetheless.

I then asked to speak to a supervisor to explain this ridiculous deal. I was flabergasted that according to Verizon, a "discount" means that I now have to pay more after the credit is applied. What nonsense! I then spoke to a supervisor who introduced herself as "Miss Smith". She felt at ease calling me by my first name, but was not professional enough to provide hers. She also consistently mispronounced my last name, despite my repeated corrections. She reiterated that this "discount" is a courtesy to me, the customer, and that she could not do anything more to satisfy me. In the end, the credit ended up costing me more than my original bill. The supervisor rudely and condescendingly ended the conversation after telling me that she could not explain things any simpler. Utterly disgusting! I asked for her full name and she said "Miss Smith, and that is all I am required to provide to you". She then hung up on me. 

I have never encountered such condescending and rude customer service agents. Moreoever, Verizon's idea of a credit is a net increase in one's bill and selling it to the customer as a favour. The $5 is not the issue here. The issue is that customer service is severely lacking. Is it worth $60 (the credit value over 1 year) to Verizon to upset a customer and insult his or her intelligence? It certainly seems so.

I advise all of those reading to avoid Verizon FiOS like the plague. The **bleep**-poor customer service is enough to drive any customer away, regardless of the price of their services.

I will be taking my business elsewhere.

- EK

0 Likes
Re: Absolute worst customer service
jonjones1
Legend

To long to quote...

the problem being is when credits fall off the invoice will naturally increase first by the credit loss and then taxes and surcharges are based on that total bill. So a $5 credit in some cases just pays a portion of your tax on the invoice. However if internet only there are no taxes.

you can go somewhere else but the same thing happens on cable as it does on Fios.

and this is a customer helping customer forum so a warning about not getting service is not going to do anything.

0 Likes