Account Deposit
Forum-sn

I had to put a deposit on my Fios account when I opened it.  Originally the agent said I would get it back after a few months, but it has been two years now.

Has anyone else had to put a deposit on their account when they opened it?  Has anyone gotten it back yet?  And is the only way to cancel service by calling Verizon?  It looks like a cancellation cannot be done online.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Account Deposit
jonjones1
Legend

A security deposit is supposed to be returned within one year of ontime payments.

you are late even once it starts over again. Your attorney generals office in your state is the place to go to have them go after Verizon.

verizon makes it easy to get a customer but hard to have one cancel. Even if you get a phone rep, many times they don’t process your request. In this case your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission is a place to file a complaint.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Account Deposit
jonjones1
Legend

A security deposit is supposed to be returned within one year of ontime payments.

you are late even once it starts over again. Your attorney generals office in your state is the place to go to have them go after Verizon.

verizon makes it easy to get a customer but hard to have one cancel. Even if you get a phone rep, many times they don’t process your request. In this case your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission is a place to file a complaint.

0 Likes