Account that has gone into collections
patouxme
I am a very disappointed and frustrated with your company and how they handle their mistakes. Let me explain. I had an internet account with Verizon for several years. I never had a problem transferring my service when I moved. But, when I moved back in 2011 I had my account temporarily suspended or put on "vacation" because I was moving into a temporary location while looking for a home. I paid the "vacation" fee for 3 months and then when I moved into my new home, called to have that service activated there. I called verizon, spoke to a rep, and had service started at my new home. I had no issues getting this done and was a happy customer and paid my bill on time every month. Well, unbeknown to me, the rep DID NOT restart my existing service at my new home, he instead started a new service and the service I had been paying "vacation" fees for restarted at my OLD residence. I unknowingly was getting billed for this and apparently getting bills sent to my OLD address while I had an account at my NEW address and was paying that bill monthly. Well, 8 MONTHS goes by and my OLD account was closed due to no payments being made and 2 MONTHS later was put into collections when i was FINALLY NOTIFIED of what was going on.
Since then, I have fought with 3 collections agencies and I just found on this Friday that my account had been sent to a FOURTH agency! This is absurd and has become a huge inconvenience to me! I spoke to the supervisor in the Financial Services department who told me that Verizon has no way to contact the debt collection agency and that all disputes and accounts in collection go through a 3rd party liaison company. I have disputed these charges for almost 2 years now and this "account" in collections has ruined my credit! It is unacceptable that a multi-billion dollar company has no way to pull up my so-called "account" in collections and help me resolve this issue.
I find it very hard to believe that this company has no way to see this account let alone be able to contact the agency that they sold it to!
I really hope that someone contacts me very soon, because at this point, I am out of options, and frustrated beyond belief that I am some how responsible for something that I had no control over. It was Verizon's fault that my active account was no re-activated and that I was not notified sooner that a new account was opened and the account I had was re-actived.

Sincerely,
A very Disgruntled former customer
0 Likes
Re: Account that has gone into collections
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi patouxme,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Account that has gone into collections
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

patouxme,

We haven't hear from you in quite a while despite multiple requests for updates. As such we have closed your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to help.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes