Accounts in collection one with $0 balance - Affecting home mortgage!
deeehood

There are two verizon accounts showing on my credit report as being in collections, both with similar balances, open around the same time - one ending in 00001 and the other 00002. They're showing as being with Pinacle collections.

So I call Verizon to ask what these charges are from. Then they say one has a 0 balance and was closed, paid in full. It wasn't sold to Pinnacle. That's odd, I see it on my credit report as belonging to Pinnacle and having a 400 and some dollar balance. They sent me an email stating that the 00001 account is not my responsiblilty.

But they do say the other is a sub-account of that 00001 accoutn, that has been sold to Pinnacle, so they can't give me any information on that one.

Then I call Pinnacle and they say they have one account, the other was sold off to someone else - got his number. Call him, tell him I talked to Verizon and have an email stating I'm not responsible for that account because it has a 0 balance, not the 400 and some dollar amount he and Pinnacle are reporting it as. Of course he doesnt believe me.

So now I'm stuck - no one can give me proof that the 00001 account is paid in full. I have no idea what the 00002 account is - or which, if either,  is something I owe or have paid. 

I'm trying to get a home mortgage, but these accounts being in collections, is putting a hold on everything. 

I've talked to many customer service reps, the fraud department, and I'll be calling the legal department tomorrow. Isn't there someone who can resolve this? I can show my credit reports have the accounts on it, so obviously someone made a mistake somewhere along the line. 

0 Likes
Re: Accounts in collection one with $0 balance - Affecting home mortgage!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes