Adding Verizon Wireless to Fios Bundle
Drbutcher
I've had AT&T Wireless for 13 years but recently changed from Cox Cable to Fios Triple Play Bundle. So far I've loved the switch for my TV and Internet needs. I think I'm finally ready to drop AT&T and change to Verizon Wireless. There seems to be no easy or smooth way to entice Verizon Fios users to add Verizon wireless service. Are the services always to remain separate. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Adding Verizon Wireless to Fios Bundle
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Drbutcher wrote:

... ready to drop AT&T and change to Verizon Wireless. There seems to be no easy or smooth way to entice Verizon Fios users to add Verizon wireless service. Are the services always to remain separate ...

The separation will probably continue, especially in light of Verizon's recent aggressive expansion in the wireless business via buyouts and acquisitions.

There used to be something called "One Bill" (I believe it's been discontinued) that permitted Triple Play customers to combine wireless and FiOS billing, and offered a $10 per month discount.  I tried it for a while but it never seemed to operate well.  Then later I noticed posts here suggesting it was discontinued. 

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Doesn't appear to be discontinued to me, howerver the discount seems to no longer apply.  Never had any trouble with the bills while bundled.  In addition to the discount you used to, and may still, get unlimited wireless to home phone calls.

0 Likes
Drbutcher
Can't seem to make what I want to do happen online so I'm tempted to just go to the Verizon Store. But, whenever I go I find the sales staff are usually clueless.
0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Drbutcher wrote:

Can't seem to make what I want to do happen online so I'm tempted to just go to the Verizon Store. But, whenever I go I find the sales staff are usually clueless.

What exactly is it that you want to make happen?  Verizon Wireless and Verizon Communications are two separate and distinct organizations.  You will just be wasting time going to either a wireless store or a FiOS store, and trying to make one organization join forces with the other.

Further, if you believe the staff to be "clueless," I suspect your visit will be "fruitless."

0 Likes
Suzanne7777
Contributor - Level 1

I looked into that once. I spoke with a really smart guy at the Verizon store in person.  He told me the bundle did not save any money and that it might be more expensive.  He also told me that you have to deal with two different entities if there was a problem on your wireless bill.  Since I have issues with the regular FIOs billing, no way I was going that way.

I have been very happy with AT&T and never had a mistake ever on my bill. Their customer service is great. I was out of contract with AT&T and wanted to get an Iphone 5.  They ended up giving me one free phone (cost $50)  for my husband and about $400 in credits to stay with them and be an AT&T Iphone customer.  Could not be happier and my bills are lower than other Iphone users I know with Verizon.

0 Likes