Additional Outlet Charge!
pattuspl1
Enthusiast - Level 2

on 10/07/2012 I signed up with fios. Back then I used to live in a different home the tech came and he even got a tip of 20$ for good work! I am reviewing my first ever bill right now there was never a additional outlet charge.

I got an email today that I can review my new bill ( I moved into new location)

there is a 53.99$ outlet charge FOR NOTHING the tech wrote in notes that there was a outlet installation. 

I spoke on chat with verizon fios rep and of course they would say they cannot remove the outlet fee they want me to pay for nothing of course that is obvious.

My bill was quoted at 91$ and I got a bill now for 122$ and I even signed up a contract ,  back then I was with no contract how is that fair verizon to screw customers??

Bill from 2012:

Change in Service and Partial Month Subtotal
$9.53
Current Activity Total
$96.51

Total New Charges due by May 31, 2013
$122.33

oh and I have a cablecard I used to have setbox
I wish I would save the conversation with the rep on chat she claimed that in my online order I added "extra outlet" and then she said that the tech wrote "additional outlet"

ps. Those are another charges 11$$+tax of paying for nothing.. I have never seen those charges since 10/07/2012.

rizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits

Video Franchise Fee
PEG Grant Fee
Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal
Regional Sports Network Fee
Total Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits
$11.31

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees

NY State and Local Sales Tax

Verizon do you see this? you guys are charging me 18$ part 1 of 3 (outlet charge) and another 16$ for nothing again?

[old] last months charges.

Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees

NY State and Local Sales Tax
Total Taxes, Governmental Surcharges and Fees
$.62
Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits

Video Franchise Fee
PEG Grant Fee
Regulatory Recovery Fee - Federal
Total Verizon Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits

$84.99/mo

Price Months 1 - 23 = $84.99

Discounts Included

• $5 24-Month Contract Discount
  • $5 Bundle Credit for 24 Months

0 Likes
Re: Additional Outlet Charge!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad our rep was able to get this situation rectified.

If you ever need anything, feel free to create a new post here in the forums. We're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
docsee

I installed verizon fios and they said the installation fee was waived and there would be no activation fee. But it came out that i was being charged for outlet installation fee which is $64.99.

When i called to Verizon customer services for the hidden fee, they said it was for the cable which connect the Verizon service box and TV receiver, but it's only 6 feet long and i was being charged for $64.99. Plus that cable is not even the FioS cable, it's just regular TV cable. 

I was never explained about that outlet installation charge both at the time of order and at the time of installation.

I felt like i was being ripped off. $64.99 for regular TV cable ? Are you kidding me? It will only cost to no more than $1.99.

Seems like Verizon has been making money with those hidden charges.

Please beware of those hidden charges, everyone who hasn't encountered that kind of Ripped off.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi docsee,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
panda88

Am having the same issue.  Noticed an additional "Outlet Installation Charge x2" on my account.  Asked Verizon Customer Service, they said it is to install the wire from Verizon box to the coax cable outlet.  Stressed several times that my house came pre-wired for cable, and the technician did not install any outlets.  The tech merely supplied the coax cable to connect to  cable box.  Verizon Customer Service refuse to credit me this charge as they state it was done.  I have no issues with paying for services that I requested for, but this was something that was not performed - no tech ever installed or wired any outlets to the cable outlet.  Very disappointed that no one will resolve and rectify this hidden charge.  When subscribing, no one asked me if I needed this.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello panda88

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes