Additional fees after install
drackpack
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have some questions regarding my new FIos account, and I an umable to get them resolved via phone.  We recently ordered a triple play bundle for our home in Brick NJ, and were told that as part of the promotion, fees were waived for the router, internet installation, and internet activation.   We were also offered a free DVR for one year.  Subsequently, we were hit with fees  for the internet activation, as well as "2 additional outlets". 

First, regarding the internet activation fee, the customer service rep told me that "everyone has to pay the internet activation fee", however this is incorrect.  I just installed Verizon FIOS in our other home in Harrison, and the internet installation and internet activation fees are all identified as "waived" on my first bill.  I am concerned that the customer service rep who assisted us with the order  for Brick either misdirected me, or incorrectly entered the order.

Secondly,  we have five tvs. all of which were already installed and cable connected via comcast. No new lines (outlets?) were run in the house, so why are we being charged for outlets?  Could someone explain why I am charged for "new outlets"?

In our mistaken belief that we could resolve the issue via customer service, we did not cancel the order within 30 days.  We feel we were duped and are now forced to remain with fios for 2 years.  We delayed payment whle trying to work out the problem, and FIos shut off service because the payment arrived one day late. They then charged us $30 to turn it back on?   I am concerned about these tactics.

I have no problems so far with the FIOS bundle that I have in Harrison - could it be because I have not signed a contract for those services and can cancel at any time? 

I'd appreciate any assistance / information.  Thanks much.

0 Likes
Re: Additional fees after install
jmgrill

I just noticed my second bill with verizon - it shows an "Additional Outlet" charge of $19.99.  I am being charged for 3 of these and I am not sure why.  I had service installed on July 29.

I have a total of 6 TV's in my house - all of which were wired previously.

TV1 - Multi room DVR

TV2 - set top box

TV3 - set top box

TV4, 5 and 6 - all have the simple converters @$5.99 each

I sure don't understand what this $19.99 charge is for 3 "additional" outlets, and I hope that someone with Verizon can give me a real explanation.

Thank

0 Likes
Re: Additional fees after install
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jmgrill,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes