Agent Fee Charged for Disconnected Line
anna72

I cancelled my account with Verizon. Before this there was a huge fiasco with porting my number. Long story short. Got a bill for around 3$ the following month which I shouldn't have in the first place (was confirmed by the rep). I couldn't log in online whether through the normal account log-in OR the disconnected account log in. Had to call in, talk to an agent and was told it was a prorated amount before canceling. 

I didn't want to deal with such a low amount so I said I'll just pay it.

I paid it and was charged 3$ + 7$ agent fee. I had no idea the agent fee was a thing. I asked on the phone since I saw it in the online bill I received immediately after in my inbox. 

The agent did not mention this fee before proceeding with the payment. When I asked about the fee - she told me that I would not be charged for this since my account is disconnected and that there was no way for them to charge me.

Just posting this so others are aware and it's on the internet - you will get charged. I had both charges on my account. That's not just bad customer service but also shady business practice.  I won't be fighting this because it's not worth my time. But do better Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Agent Fee Charged for Disconnected Line
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi anna7,

Was this a wireless account or a residential phone account?

0 Likes
anna72

Hi LawrenceC,

It was a wireless account. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi anna7,

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help with Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes