Almost 10 weeks since disconnected, still no refund...
bravo01

Disconnected service first week of June; paid all bills in full.  July Verizon bill posts with $100 credit.  I called customer service and they said that a refund will be mailed with my final bill in 4-6 weeks.  It has now been 10 weeks and no sign of a refund or final bill.

Disappointing customer service, will seriously reconsider setting up a Verizon account at the new property.

0 Likes
Re: Almost 10 weeks since disconnected, still no refund...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bravo01,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Bravo01,

We haven't heard back from you in awhile, so we will be closing the private support thread at this time.  Should you require further assistance, feel free to create a new post & we'll be happy to help you.

Thanks,
Paul C.

0 Likes
Bravo01_guest

Unfortunately, this issue still has not been resolved.  I have been unable to post any updates because for some reason my original account has been banned. I don't know if this was a mistake, or if this is how customer service follow-ups are resolved.

It has now been 6 weeks since my final bill and I am still recieving statements with negative credit, but no money back!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

It looks like your original account was caught up in a system ban.  I have removed it so you can now post under the original account

0 Likes
bravo01

Thanks KaLin.

Can someone from support re-open my ticket?  I recieved what I thought to be a final bill on 8/7/13 stating:

"Your account has been disconnected. Any other charges or credits will appear on your next bill. This credit may be applied to any balance you owe Verizon. If you don't have a balance, you will be refunded the amount."

However, I just recieved another statement this month (dated 9/7/2013) showing a negative balance and no longer saying anything about account status.  Have I not actually recieved a final bill yet, then?  Or if I have, then why have I not recieved the refund amount indicated in the 8/7 bill?  Why am I still recieving statements...?

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could help you get your issue resolved. Please feel free to make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
AlexGator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happened to me. I cancelled on 6/26/13 and it is now 10/01/13 and I still keep getting final bills, and second final bill and than third final bill. Someone needs to explain Verizon what word "final" means.

More than 3 month after cancelling and I still have not received my $100+ refund. Talked to Verizon 7 times, each time asking to change my address where bills and hopefully someday check will be send and still old address appears on my mail (it gets forwarded to new address). Can't change address online, the page to change it is stuck on temporary outage message:

We're sorry.
We are experiencing a temporary problem and can't continue your order at this time.

Please try again later.

Or, if you need immediate assistance, you can call your Verizon local business office.

I moved from rental house to new house and community I am in doesn't have Verizon FIOS, but I asked local office if they will be installing in near future and even was going to talk to neighbors to get switch over to FIOS so service gets installed faster. Local office told me that it will be next year, but with this kind of service and speed in returning my money, I don't think I want to be a Verizon customer anymore.

When called to billing department, they told me that once you cancel your service, your account is switched to a different department, meaning you only get good treatment as long as you are current customer.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AlexGator,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

AlexGator, we haven't had a response from you after multiple attempts to contact you in your Private Support Case. As such as are closing the case. If you have any other questions or concerns about your closed account feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to investigate.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes