Amazon Prime/Echo Offer Unresolved
D_Park
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I was initially looking at options for communications providers, an early year Fios promotion deal, in which I was PROMISED ”A year of Amazon Prime and an Echo speaker (2nd gen) on us” by the Verizon’s chat salesperson upon signing, piqued my interest. I agreed and began a new customer. This was on January 29th.

I’ve called the customer service department in February inquiring about the Amazon promo, and was told it would require 30 days to redeem. The deal didn't materialize.

In subsequent calls, I was given nonsensical and contradictory reasons why the deal is not honored. At first, I was told that Netflix was part of our package. I explained that I've been a Netflix customer --paying out of pocket -- since early 2018. During a follow-up call, I was shuffled to 2 departments, then placed on hold for 45 minutes.

I don’t know what’s going with Verizon and Amazon’s relationship. But this is insulting and seems like a bait and switch.

Has anyone gotten an explanation why the Amazon Prime offer upon signup for Verizon Fios has not been honored? There hasn’t been much transparency from customer service.

0 Likes
Re: Amazon Prime/Echo Offer Unresolved
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi D_Park,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes