Any way for existing customer to get a better renewal price?
Widget1

I've had a triple play bundle for the last 2 years. Our deal is getting ready to end in a week or two. I have no contract. From what I see online, to keep what I have it's going to be a $40 increase per month. That is  not doable, I'm trying to save money, not spend more. I had three set top boxes, have returned 2 already. Even with going to a lesser package I'll still be spending more for less.

I already have a Comcast installation order and date in . I'd rather stay here if possible, but not at these prices.

I like many do not understand why current customers get treated so badly at renewal time.  An increase is one thing, but $480 more a year for the same thing.

0 Likes
Re: Any way for existing customer to get a better renewal price?
roferrer75

I'm also in the same boat as you, which my contat is about to expire in 2 week and the renewal offer is too expensive. I spoke with 2 representative today, first one was very condesending when explaining the contract, and even told me there's not more save and retention department. The second representative was very friendly and was shock there not rentention department, especially when she is from that department. My experience with Fios in the past, they will not give you any renewal offer other than what's on the site. You will have to cancel your service and come back just to get the promortion offer for new customer. However, doing so will eliminate some of the offers that you, for me is the dvr for life. Even only having internet service on fios is expensive as it comes out to $80/mo.

My advise to you is to review your services with Fios, and compare it with the other providers and make the best decision. I have made the decision to move back to my local cable provider, even though their services is not the same as fios, but their pricing is more resonable. Fios doesn't care for their current customers, which is a shame.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes you will get a better price on renewal,  although not the same deal that a new customer get.  I know I did for my renewals.  And yes the best deals are only on contracts for two years.

0 Likes
Widget1

Not willing to help at all.... Going back to Comcast.

0 Likes
Nobycane
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea - found out the same way on my last renewal...they jacked up the prices on the packages, refused to provide me with any further discounts on packages... but I was in a situation where I did not have the time to switch back to a previous provider. There have been so many bloody problems and issues with Verizon (mostly with accounting, billing, and canceling channels on our package and making them available on a higher premium package midway through our contract term).

I am right now shopping for a special package with my previous provider...even though I have about 5-6 months left on my contract... 

Plus, these VISA prepaid cards are a scam people.......you are basically paying for the prepaid card through hidden fees in you bill/service.

It is no wonder why a lot of people are bailing out on Verizon.

0 Likes