Auto-Payment turned off during move
dhlunar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently moved across town and took my FIOS service (Phone, Internet and TV) with me to my new address.  At my old location, I had paper free billing and auto pay to my credit card.  When I moved to my new location, I was told that the billing information was going to be the same.  

When I went to look online today at my new October bill it said that I didn't pay for the September bill and I have a balance forward.  However, auto pay to my credit card should have been on my account so this should of never have happened.  When I called customer service I was told that Auto Pay is not active on my account.  So, I went and set it up and made the full payment that is now due.  By the way, my account number is the same from when I lived at the old place, and my paper free billing option is still there.

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone know why my auto payment was turned off?

2. Looking at the bill there doesn't seem to be a late charge due to the non-payment or notification of service being turned off.  Will the late charge come later or should it have been on this bill?

3. Does anyone know if Verizon will contact the credit bureaus that I didn't pay my bill on-time?  If they do I will dispute it because of their error.  

0 Likes