Auto pay discount bait and switch
Bobo19

I signed up for Fios recently, cancelling Spectrum.

I read all the terms and conditions before signing up, especially https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/pay-bill/setup-autopay

now that im a customer, Verizon is telling me I can’t use my credit card for the auto pay discount.

not a happy customer, I’m switching back to Spectrum.

0 Likes
Re: Auto pay discount bait and switch
jonjones1
Legend

I believe the auto pay has to be debit from your checking account. You see companies have to pay a fee to the credit card issuer to accept credit cards. Any where from 4% up to 14% or more. So Verizon doesn’t want to incur fees.

0 Likes
Bobo19

Right. Look at the link I posted above:

• “Can I use a bank account, debit or credit card?Yes! You are always free to use whichever payment method is most convenient for you.”

That’s why I titled this post “bait and switch” - that’s a perfect example of deceptive business practices.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bobo19,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes