Switch Account

Auto pay discount bait and switch

Auto pay discount bait and switch

Contributor Bobo19
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(516 Views)

I signed up for Fios recently, cancelling Spectrum.

I read all the terms and conditions before signing up, especially https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/pay-bill/setup-autopay

now that im a customer, Verizon is telling me I can’t use my credit card for the auto pay discount.

not a happy customer, I’m switching back to Spectrum.

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(491 Views)

I believe the auto pay has to be debit from your checking account. You see companies have to pay a fee to the credit card issuer to accept credit cards. Any where from 4% up to 14% or more. So Verizon doesn’t want to incur fees.

Contributor Bobo19
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(481 Views)

Right. Look at the link I posted above:

• “Can I use a bank account, debit or credit card?Yes! You are always free to use whichever payment method is most convenient for you.”

That’s why I titled this post “bait and switch” - that’s a perfect example of deceptive business practices.

Moderator Moderator
Message 4 of 4
(467 Views)

Hi Bobo19,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.