Automatic Payments Disabled After Moving Without Notice...Now Bill is Past Due
wildcat07
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently moved and transferred my FiOS service.  I was on vacation at the beginning of May and did not notice that the automatic payment that normally went at the beginning of the month never went through.  I just logged into my account today for an unrelated issue and got a pop-up that my bill was past due (it was due May 16).  I immediately paid the bill but wondered the following:

1.  Will Verizon report me to the credit bureaus for being 10 days late with a payment?

2.  Does autopay normally stop when you move, even if your account number remains the same?  I did not see anything when I transferred service that noted I would have to setup automatic payments again.

0 Likes
Re: Automatic Payments Disabled After Moving Without Notice...Now Bill is Past Due
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Typically they will not report anyone for being late with just one payment.  They know everyone occassionary makes a mistake.

I think autopay always stops when you move. Definitely stops if you get new account/phone number.   I know it did for me.

0 Likes
Re: Automatic Payments Disabled ... Bill is Past Due - Check The Credit Reporting Services
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@wildcat07 wrote:

... Will Verizon report me to the credit bureaus for being 10 days late with a payment? ... 

I have no personal experience with VZ when it comes to credit reporting, but several posts on the forums seem to indicate that they are not shy about reporting non-payment.  Of course there are at least two sides to each situation, and some of those reports listed bills in the four digit range, so who can say?

Having said that, if I were wondering about such things I'd check with the reporting bureaus rather than with Verizon.  It will be very difficult to contact someone at VZ with access to such information, but that's not the case with the three major bureaus.  In fact you can get a free report once each year by going online to Google to search:

"free credit score" or "free credit reports"

... where you can see exactly what's happening with your accounts and payments.  Good luck.

0 Likes