Switch Account

Autopay Question

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Autopay Question

Message 1 of 4
(594 Views)

Due to the timing of some changes to my account, last month's bill was overstated by $100. I called (before the strike) and was told that the credits were pending and that I shouldn't pay this bill. I have autopay so the rep checked and told me that a lesser amount would be paid. Well, nothing was paid. I got my next bill will the corrections, but showing that the previous balance was overdue. After the credits I owed $22, which I paid immediately because Verizon was showing that my account was overdue. Then I tried to cancel autopay, but the website has some issue and tells me that I should try again later. I've tried several times over the last two weeks with no success.

My question is: If you have autopay, but you make a payment, does the system know to deduct your payment from the balance due or does it just automatically pay the amount of the bill?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Autopay Question

Message 2 of 4
(588 Views)

I should also mention that this was my final bill from Verizon. If the automatic payment goes though, how big of a hassle will it be for me to get a refund from Verizon?

Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 4
(578 Views)

This is a peer to peer support forum. I'm afraid only Verizon can answer questions about how the system works.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(568 Views)

I decided a long time that autopay accounts are a problem (after I had one) waiting to happen. NEVER allow anyone access to your account. NEVER. NEVER. Direct the payer to pay on your instructions only.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.