Autopay Question
formerverizoncustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Due to the timing of some changes to my account, last month's bill was overstated by $100. I called (before the strike) and was told that the credits were pending and that I shouldn't pay this bill. I have autopay so the rep checked and told me that a lesser amount would be paid. Well, nothing was paid. I got my next bill will the corrections, but showing that the previous balance was overdue. After the credits I owed $22, which I paid immediately because Verizon was showing that my account was overdue. Then I tried to cancel autopay, but the website has some issue and tells me that I should try again later. I've tried several times over the last two weeks with no success.

My question is: If you have autopay, but you make a payment, does the system know to deduct your payment from the balance due or does it just automatically pay the amount of the bill?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Autopay Question
formerverizoncustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should also mention that this was my final bill from Verizon. If the automatic payment goes though, how big of a hassle will it be for me to get a refund from Verizon?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum. I'm afraid only Verizon can answer questions about how the system works.

0 Likes
cornerkicker

I decided a long time that autopay accounts are a problem (after I had one) waiting to happen. NEVER allow anyone access to your account. NEVER. NEVER. Direct the payer to pay on your instructions only.

0 Likes