Autopay stopped working in November - what's going on?
julesagogo

I have DSL only and autopay has worked wonderfully until the November payment.  I made no changes to either Verizon or AMEX.  When I got the double bill e-mail I called billing...Julie sounded clueless/disinterested about the problem and said they should take a double payment this month.  The credit card still works fine but there are no Verizon charges this month yet (usually the 6th or 8th).  MyVerizon now shows I have no autopay set up, and is saying the November payment is late.  Smiley Frustrated

What's going on?  Screenshots are below - thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Autopay stopped working in November - what's going on?
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

Mine dissapeared last month.  I just got an overdue notice for my bill due in January.  I went into AutoPay that has been working for years and there is nothing there!!  Instead of sitting on the phone for hours just to have the customer service person tell me that they are very sorry and don't know why this happened I decided to enroll again.  Of course I can't make a payment right now because it shows as Pending.  Does anyone know how long this takes to clear?

0 Likes
Wyndol

I have had 2 different occasions for the autopay to stop working. The first time was understandable because I moved.  What  is UNACCEPTABLE is that the customer service reps are UNIFORMED and nobody can answer any questions. 
The 2nd time my autopay disappeared was in Dec. AFTER I ADDED Fios TV to my service... Today the CUSTOMER SERVICE Supervisor told me it is because I changed or added services.  ...  REALLY???  You have got to be kidding me!  So VERIZON CUSTOMERS BE AWARE... I truly don't think that this is a realistic way of doing business and I have HORRIBLE reservations about continuing my services with them after my contracts run out.  

The question I have to the community members suffering the same AUTOPAY Debacle is... did your Autopay just randomly disappear or was it because you added or removed services???

Respect... 

and thanks for the responses.

0 Likes
kcool1

Well today they told me that my credit card had expired and thats why they stopped my autobill pay.....i had to pay 3 months of unpaid bills because I had no idea they stopped my autobill...completely ridiculous.

0 Likes
davidandtracy

Yes my auto pay stopped working all of a sudden after my november payment and no didn't move and no bank account changes nada! Verizon response:  no explanation why that would happen. In addition, I have been trying to set back up since and I get confirmations and wait for the auto pay to show up as they say on the bill after 3 months and it never gets set up did 3 times.  Also did over the phone twice with 2 different reps.  TODAY I'M SO MAD! I finally asked for a manager because I'm sick of dealing with someone forgeting a step. So we'll just see what happens with that.  {edited for privacy} the manager gave me her direct line in case something goes wrong....you know I'll be calling her if this does not work!!!!!

0 Likes
Briancckbrn
Enthusiast - Level 1
We recently left verizon because of same. We had DSL service only. Had autopay charged to credit card for at least two years just fine. Then one Saturday late June, we got 6 emails and an automated phone message saying our account was overdue and would be cut off the next day!Called and turns out that the autopay turned off in march. We also have paperless billing, so nothing in mail came,

I made the case that they should have sent one of those emails right after it turned itself off. To my surprise, the customer service person could not see that we ever had autopay. I told her we have the credit card statements. They were not willing to work with me in any way. The customer service person can't see the automated emails or calls record. And I was told it was impossible to waive those fees. I said "there's always someone who can". She said no.

Anyway to make a long story short, after many phone calls we left verizon. We did, in my opinion, do the right thing by paying for internet access we used, but I will not pay late fees. so that is outstanding

There are too many other companies with far less resources that can perform this process smoothly, and when there is a problem, communicate well with customers for this to be accidental.

To be honest it's only 25 or so dollars. But it's the principal. I had been a verizon customer (wireless and internet), always paid on time etc etc. it's just really disappointing that 10 or 12 years of loyal patronage of their services don't matter. Verizon feels they are too big to care.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Briancckbrn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes