BEWARE!!!Verizon claims they never received my equipment/it is broken and sent me to collections!!!
latriciaparker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot express more, how angry I am with Verizon and their customer service. In August of 2012 my husband decided to cancel our Verizon service. Verizon sent us boxes, return labels, and instructions on how to return the equipment. When we took the equipment to our local UPS store I asked my husband to make sure he got a tracking number because I had a situation with Verizon in 2008 where they stated they never received my equipment and charged me $642. (I should have never came back to Verizon). We sent the equipment and followed instructions provided by Verizon. However, about a month later we received a bill for $642. This time Verizon stated our equipment was damaged. My husband called Verizon to resolve the issue and asked for proof the equipment arrived broken. After hours and hours on the phone the customer service representative said too bad it is broken and we owe them for it. They refused to work with us or proved the broken equipment was broken or if it was even our fault or that of their warehouse workers.

I recently discovered Verizon placed this account in collections. I am very angry. I had an online conversation with a customer service representative who basically told me there is nothing she could do. I filed a clain with the Better Business Bureau.

We called back on Friday to again dispute the issue and the customer service representative stated my account reflects that my equipment was never returned. This is after they told us is was received in non-working condition. She said unless I had my tracking number, she could not help me any further because I have no proof it was received. Luckily, we were able to find the tracking number again through our UPS store. My husband called back and was on the phone for several hours. The call ended with the representative saying she would "look into it" and call us back.

By the way, not only has this happend to me twice now. I have two friends who had the same issue. In addition, when I went to my local UPS store to look up the tracking number from August 2011, the owner of the store stated she gets calls similar to mine on a daily basis from former Verizon customers. Verizon is a fraud

0 Likes
Re: BEWARE!!!Verizon claims they never received my equipment/it is broken and sent me to collections
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes