Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

BILLING ISSUES & CUSTOMER SERVICE

Cruizin596
Contributor
Contributor

BILLING ISSUES & CUSTOMER SERVICE

Message 1 of 1
(1,086 Views)

I have a long-time love-hate relationship with Verizon.  I love FIOS TV and Internet.  I hate their customer service and billing practices.

I firmly believe that Verizon is out to punish anyone who does not have a Verizon phone.  Everything regarding billing and service is linked to a Verizon phone number.  The account on my bill is NEVER recognized - not when I try to do something online and not when I call in....that is, when I can actually get to the correct person.  I usually get funnelled around to 2,3, or 4 people before I can actually discuss my issue.  It seems it is "never my department" when I get someone on the phone.  LISTEN HERE VERIZON - I DON'T HAVE A LANDLINE (I don't need it) - I DON'T HAVE A VERIZON CELL (I don't want it).  When I contact you, I want an account number that is recognized by your automated system - I don't want to get bounced around until I can speak with a live person (the CORRECT live person) who can resolve me issue.  An example: I spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to speak to someone about activating an additional outlet in my home.  You guys are the WORST at Customer Service.

As for billing - you suck.  Due to the tough economy, I recently fell behind on payments.  I was about 35 days past due on one bill, 5 days past due on the second and the third had just been issued.  I submitted payment on what I thought was for the most past due bill.  Guess what?  Verizon suspended my service.  I called them and asked why?  I had a current bill that was not due for about 30 days and one that was just 5 days past due.  The said, oh well, you have to pay everything that is past due.  I said that no one suspends services for accounts that are 5 days past due.  They said that payments are applied to the most recent past due (meaning I paid for the bill that was 5 days late and not the older bill).  I gave examples - AT&T applies to the oldest bill first.  utility companies apply to the oldest bill first, loans are applied to the oldest first.  But, NOT Verizon.  You pay what you think you need to in order to maintain service and they screw you.  I have NEVER not paid them.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that I could not and that it wouldn't make a difference anyway because it is the way their system works.  Well, they need to change their system.  I can tell you this - as soon as I have the time, I will be reviewing my options and looking to end my relationship with them - they are obviously not interested in maintaining their customer base - and where I live, I have SEVERAL options.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title