BROKEN ONE-BILL ACCOUNT - MY VERIZON
Postman03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cancelled my land line and it broke MY VERIZON.  I noticed it right away back in August when I cancelled the land line and I could only see TV and Internet.  I immediately sent an e-mail to support about my One-Bill  being broken and expressed my concern about my Wireless account no longer being setup to auto-pay.  I never got a response.

Today I got a past due notice on my Wireless account via snail mail.   So, at least that answered my question.  I am sure they charged me a past due fee even though they broke it and I tried to find out how to resolve it before the payment was even due.

Now, how do I get my ONE-BILL reset? 

I can't use the website because it requires a land line.

I am very disappointed that this change was not taken care of when I cancelled my land line service.

BTW - there are broken links all over the website...what a mess...it might be time to scrap it and start over...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BROKEN ONE-BILL ACCOUNT - MY VERIZON
Postman03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called and finally found someone that could fix it... they cleaned up all the charges etc...it took a lot of effort but it's resolved.    The person cancelling the land line assured me my billing and autopay would not be impacted... I guess they were just not well informed or didn't know how to setup OneBill...  it took 6 different people to find someone that understood what was going on...  perhaps someone should update the procedures manual since cancellation of landlines seems to be more and more likely as cell phones continue to become more ubiquitous...  The e-mai replies I got were worthless...you can't enroll in OneBill on the website without a landline account...perhaps the website information could be updated to avoid frustration....also when you search support for onebill the search results bring back a bunch of html commands depending on where it's launched from...sort of a mess...again, just feedback, I'm all fixed thanks the perseverance of a dedicated verizon employee who endured and experienced what it's like to be a customer trying to work through the labryinth that is verizon...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Postman03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called and finally found someone that could fix it... they cleaned up all the charges etc...it took a lot of effort but it's resolved.    The person cancelling the land line assured me my billing and autopay would not be impacted... I guess they were just not well informed or didn't know how to setup OneBill...  it took 6 different people to find someone that understood what was going on...  perhaps someone should update the procedures manual since cancellation of landlines seems to be more and more likely as cell phones continue to become more ubiquitous...  The e-mai replies I got were worthless...you can't enroll in OneBill on the website without a landline account...perhaps the website information could be updated to avoid frustration....also when you search support for onebill the search results bring back a bunch of html commands depending on where it's launched from...sort of a mess...again, just feedback, I'm all fixed thanks the perseverance of a dedicated verizon employee who endured and experienced what it's like to be a customer trying to work through the labryinth that is verizon...

0 Likes
thom001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed.  Verizon has the absolute worst website on the Internet.   So many of the links are broken that it is truly a waste of time trying to use the website.  Just disgraceful for any company, much more so for a company in this industry. 

thom001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed.  Verizon has the absolute worst website on the Internet.   So many of the links are broken that it is truly a waste of time trying to use the website.  Just disgraceful for any company, much more so for a company in this industry. 

0 Likes
melissaashain

I have had the EXACT same issue, and it was when I renewed my contract and dropped my home phone and went to internet and TV only.  I was also told it would not affect my auto bill.

I didn't get billed for a month, and then got billed $375 while I was out of the country on vacation.  My autobill obviously decativated.

I still can't login to check my monthly bill, and I have called Verzion 6 or 7 times and spent many hours trying to resolve this, I have even been told I have no FIOS service when I call!  Incredibly frustrating, it should not be this difficult simply to check your bill.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Melissaashain, I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@melissaashain wrote:

I have had the EXACT same issue, and it was when I renewed my contract and dropped my home phone and went to internet and TV only.  I was also told it would not affect my auto bill.

I didn't get billed for a month, and then got billed $375 while I was out of the country on vacation.  My autobill obviously decativated.

I still can't login to check my monthly bill, and I have called Verzion 6 or 7 times and spent many hours trying to resolve this, I have even been told I have no FIOS service when I call!  Incredibly frustrating, it should not be this difficult simply to check your bill.

0 Likes
melissaashain

After spending another hour and a half on live chat, I was told the only way to get copies of my bill is via hard copy in the mail.  

Pretty unacceptable in this day and age.

0 Likes
HWYDSGNR

This happened to me last week and after 10 days still no fix.

Last week I ported out my home number to a Tracfone cell.

At that point My Verizon account lost its connection to my bills, services and  account overview. I could still see my account number.

I spoke to a e-service person who decided to "unlink" my remaining services to my account number in the "hope" it would reconfigure itself. Well that just totally broke my account.

Now when I log-in my account number is no longer shown on the account page in addition to no access to bills or services. Also, now I have limited access to my e-mail inbox as well. No tech at Verizon has been able to help.

The e-service staff say they can only work with what they see on the screen and wished me "good luck" with tech support.

Now I'm wondering if and when I will get my next bill.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

HWYDSGNR

I'm sorry you are having difficulty with your accout.  An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly (by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account) for more information or to help you resolve your issue.”

0 Likes