BYE BYE VERIZON-- Worst customer service ever!
VerizGONE
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I sign up for the select TV package and FIOS internet package. I realize a day later that the package I signed up for does not include a few must have channels. I called to cancel because I could not afford to upgrade to the Prime package. A customer service rep asked why I was canceling and I told her why. She was able to get me upgraded to Prime for a few $$ more. I decided to take it and agreed to have them come out for installation.

I logged onto the myverizon site later on and saw that I was STILL scheduled for the Select TV plan. I called them to confirm it was Prime and they stated yes that's what their system shows (weird because it should have reflected that on my end).

I wake up at 8am waiting for the tech to arrive who finally shows up at 4pm. He was told he was only there to install a set top box. I told him I wanted internet service as well and he confirmed it with his office. After him dealing with that issue, he finally gets it figured out and sets everything up. I turn on the TV and what channels do I NOT receive? YUP, PRIME. He leaves and I attempt to get my internet to work, not working. The router sends a signal and connects to my computer but NO DATA from Verizon (and not because I have not created an account through myverizon yet).

I call customer service and attempt to get this fixed. I am transferred between tech support and billing 3 times (10 minute hold time on each transfer) with everyone giving me a different reason why it doesn't work. Finally my phone drops the call because I'm on a ghetto pre-paid cell phone plan and used up all the minutes with them. I get **bleep** off, pay for more minutes on my cell phone and call them back to cancel. Of course, the rep I spoke with was nice and responsive (my guess is because I was canceling) and began my request to cancel. She also attempted to keep me but after this HEADACHE I have no desire to keep their service. She then calls me the next day to confirm with me that my service is canceled and tells me she is sending a box to me so I can ship back the HD DVR but to leave the router at my home. I explain to her that I don't need more clutter and would like to send the router back.

She tells me to just put it somewhere and keep it here. OK, well guess what? This isn't a public storage and you Verizon do not pay my rent. I consider any property you fail to have me send back is abandonment and I am under no obligation to keep it. IN THE TRASH YOUR ROUTER WENT. 

First impressions are everything and I cannot believe that you guys would come out and leave me with a half working install and consider that acceptable. It was not even day one of service and I was already having problems. You lost a customer and I will never use your services again. Had the tech/billing guys not had a contest to see how many times they could transfer me and been able to resolve the issue by speaking to one person, I would have kept their service.

For those of you who have been considering Verizon service opposed to another provider, look again!