Bait & switch?
ccva123451
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I renewed my service in October 2016 for another 2 years, I was told some of the discounts were for 1 year but once I hit the one  year mark I was to call and the discounts would be extended for the second year.  I was hesitent but the rep assured me there would be no issues getting the discount renewed.  So a year goes by and I call to get the discounts extended.  To my surprise, the rep I spoke with would not renew my discounts.  Why would I renew for 2 years if after year 1 my bill would jump by almost $100.  To make things worse, I have had numerous problems with my serivce over the past year.  I have been a verizon customer for many many years.  Lying to a customer is not the way to retain a long time customer.  Once my agreement expires I plan to look for another service provider.  Not taking the chance of being lied to if I were to renew.  No longer a happy long time customer.

Re: Bait & switch?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ccva12345,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes