Bait an switch Pricing for 2 year contract
angmar

I am incredibly annoyed and on the verge of canceling due to what seems like VERY shady buisness practices and I haven't even had my service on for more then 3 days! When I signed my contract in May this is what I signed up for and is also on the paper they sent me in the mail after signing up.

75/35 internet, Select HD television, FiOS voice bundle price 79.99 with one included cable box and router.. All said an done after the inclusion of the additional 3 STB's for my house my estimated price after taxes and fees was 108 an change. With all installation fees waived. I already had Fios installed previously before switching back to cablevision due to verizon increasing my prices while I was still in the middle of my 2 year contract.

So they came an installed the boxes and router the other day and I thought everything was good...WRONG. I go to turn on CNN or FX or TNT or USA....You know basic as all hell channels that come with any low end cable package and they all say I need a subscription. I have about 20 channels I can watch all of which are crap. So I call an ask what the hell is going on and they said oh thats cause you have the local tv only package. An I was like hell I do I have the **bleep** paper right in front of my face with what services and price I signed a contract for and it clearly states Select HD fios voice and 75/35 internet for 79.99. So after being on the phone for what seemed like hours calling back multiple times an talking to multiple people it seems NOBODY was able to fix it. They acknowledged that I should be getting select HD but that they didn't have the power to change what was in there without out raising the price of my bill for SUBSTANTIALLY more then I agreed to which would go from 79.99 before cable boxes to 109.99 ...UMM BIG DIFFERENCE I was getting after taxes and fees from Optimum 60mbps there Voice and there equivalent of select HD and 4 cable boxes for 104 dollars and will most certainly go back to it if verizon doesn't honor there contract that I agreed to. Sorry your service is good but so is cablevisions and it's not worth getting ripped off to keep it. So I don't know who to talk to at this point who can actually fix it but if nobody can honor a simple contract then I am outta here.

0 Likes
Re: Bait an switch Pricing for 2 year contract
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Bait an switch Pricing for 2 year contract
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi angmar,

We'll be closing your private case thread as we have yet to hear back from you.

Please let us know if you need further assistance by replying in this thread.

Thanks,

Art

0 Likes