Bait and Switch Scam
Dexter85
I wrote Verizon several weeks ago and their only response was that they WOULD NOT RESPOND IN WRITING to this issue. They probably wouldn't put anything in writing because I appear to be the victim of a bait and switch scam. I ordered a Verizon triple play package on 5/29/2013 and I was supposed to receive the following with the order:

- $200 gift card
- $10 off of this package for 24 months
- $5 24-Month Contract Discount
- $5 Special Bundle credit for 24 Months
- $5 Credit for 24 Months

I also ordered online specifically Showtime at a 50% off discount price of $6.99 and HBO with the same 50% discount which left me owing $9.40.

I was also supposed to receive a Multi-Room DVR credit for 12 months and to have a set Top Box SD fee waived.

In addition, the fee for my phone number, FIOS digital voice, were both supposed to have waived fees.

My total cost before taxes was supposed to be $120.88.

INSTEAD when my Verizon was hooked up I did not receive the gift card (I'm still waiting now after almost 3 months), I had NO HBO or SHOWTIME and had to pay $20.99 for the fully loaded entertainment package because the Verizon spokesperson I spoke with said that I was not allowed to buy Showtime and HBO individually.

I am also being charged $19.99 a month for the Multi Room DVR (which was supposed to be waived).

In addition there is some charge for a Security and Backup bundle for $10.00 which I have NO interest in having and did not sign up for.

Because of all of these mistakes I'm currently paying a whopping $180.96  a month instead of the $120.88!

I'm completely frustrated at this point, if for no other fact than no one at Verizon seems willing or capable of helping fix the situation.

Thank you for any help and of you can provide.
0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch Scam
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We have not heard back from you about this. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Josh B

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Dexter85,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with the charges on you bundle or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy
0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

As per our converstation on your private support case this issue is now closed. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

-Mitchell

0 Likes