Bait and switch on contract - need help
don19911

On February 19th, I was offered a $31 discount on a FIOS double play bundle if I signed up for a 2-year contract.  So I did.  Instead, when I received my bill, the new amount was $13 higher.  When I called customer service (which was a miserable experience by itself due to long hold times, hangups, etc.), the representative refused to honor the promised price and they said they had "no notes" on the account regarding the price.  This is an experience that many others on this forum have had.  They could not understand that I never would have signed up for a contract only to receive a higher price!  That would not make sense.

So I asked the representative to cancel the contract (since it was within the 14 days) and put my account back to the month-to-month status it was in.  They did this but continued with the same higher price, which was unacceptable.  When I called again tonight, they claimed that I could not go back to my old bundle price.   This is unfair since I was never advised that the old bundle price would be gone when I signed up for the new contract, which I would have kept had they honored the promised price on the contract to begin with.  

Over several phone calls and hours, various representatives attempted to put back my old month-to-month contract but each one either chopped services or put in other hidden fees.  I never could get a supervisor - either the line would hang up or I would be left on hold forever.  Clearly this is a purposeful tactic by Verizon to get me to give up.  But I won't. 

0 Likes
Re: Bait and switch on contract - need help
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi don1991,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes