Bait and switch on renewing contract!!!
Jelldonut
My 2 year bundled contract was going to expire on 5/10/13. Three days before it was set to expire, I called Verizon to see what offers were available to renew it for 2 more years. I was told by the csr that there was an offer for $69.99 for the 24 months at my current speed of 15/5. I then asked if I upgrade my speed to 50/25, how much would would it cost. The csr stated it would cost me an additional $10 making it $79.99 a month.

The email contract that she sent me even stated the estimated monthly charges would be approx $131.

The first month for june, the bill was correct and it even states 24 mo. Fios digital voice discount is ending and the 24 mo bundle credit and 24 mo contract discount are beginning on the left side box. I thought all is well. However the bill for July shows the bundle has increased from $79.99 to $119.99. I called verizon immediately and the csr I spoke to stated in fact that it should be $79.99 (as she had viewed the email contract) and credited me the $40 and stated a ticket would be opened to fix this. I thought all will be fine for the next billing cycle. Boy, was I wrong! The august bill just came in and again it was showing $119.99. Again, I called customer service and the csr stated that the bill is correct and the email contract I received was for 1 month! The credits to make it $79.99 expired May 15, 2013, not May 2015! I was dumfounded and proceeded to argue with her. Why would I sign up for $79.99 for 3 days then have it jump up to $119.99? This is a bunch of crap! I always thought an estimated monthly charge was what my charges will be for every month in a 2 year contract, not just the first month and then whatever verizon feels like charging for the other 23 months! Makes me wish I had signed up with comcast back in May!!!
0 Likes
Re: Bait and switch on renewing contract!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and switch on renewing contract!!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We are closing your case due to no response. We got you in touch with a billing agent that was able to explain the situation to you. Please let us know in the public thread if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Rachel

0 Likes