Beam me up Scotty
kwelbreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last month I change my service after speaking with a Verizon customer service rep  i was told that I can get a better package and that I would not have to extend my contract for another 2 years that it would stay as is.... So I agreed and accepted the new service which also included my cell phone..In the new package..Below are all of my payments to Verizon from my bank into Verizon's account over the past 3 months and now I get a bill for 468.16 for the end of May .... Feb. .March and April I have already paid close to $500.00 already and now I owe almost another $500.00  for one month plus I am in a brand new 2 year contract? Something has got to be wrong with my bill?

Do I owe $ 2.78...Do I owe $322.52 or do I owe $468.16....Hmmmmmmm

Previous Balance
$2.78 Payments Received
4/18/2012
-$2.78 Balance Forward
4/28/2012
$.00 Total New Charges
4/28/2012
$322.52 Amount Due
5/22/2012
$468.16
Below is all payments from my bank to verizon 

Marches bill----->Posted Date: 04/02/2012
Transaction Date: 04/02/2012
Description: ELECTRONIC/ACH DEBIT VERIZON Payment {edited for privacy}
Debit: $213.49

Feb bill---->Posted Date: 02/28/2012
Transaction Date: 02/28/2012
Description: ELECTRONIC/ACH DEBIT VERIZON ET ARC VERIZON 
Debit: $218.73

Verizon sent me this bill for April----->Posted Date: 04/19/2012
Transaction Date: 04/19/2012
Description: ELECTRONIC/ACH DEBIT VERIZON WEST ARC VERIZON {edited for privacy}
Debit: $2.78

Re: Beam me up Scotty
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon to ask about the billing?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

prisaz
Legend

First problem prior to contacting billing is, you opened your account for someone to take what they please. Every time I do that with anyone it spells trouble. BB I had phone insurance that was double billed, then the billed again after I had told them to cancel the coverage, and it is always easier for them to take than it is for you to receive.

But even then Verizon billing has always been able to fix things that incorrectly show on my bill. But you must contact Verizon billing directly. This is a Peer to Peer support community where customers attempt, or do help other customers. Although Verizon's employees or their moderators do join in and provide advice, many things can only be resolved by contacting Verizon directly.

I would do as Elisabeth said and use the Contact Us link that can be found at the bottom of each web page. Also I have had faster responses with the chat when available, but with something as detailed as billing, a personal conversation may be better. But with chat you get a record of what was discussed, and I always save those in a text doc.

Hclapp11641
Enthusiast - Level 3

I notice that you're getting responses telling you to contact Verizon (which you should) and not post on here but I'm glad that you are putting the issue out here for us other poor souls who were stupid enough to fall for Verizon's "'package deals" that they never give you what you sign up for, we need to know these things.  I'm not sure if you have auto bill pay but for me that is an ABSLUTE NO NO.  I never allow anyone to take money out of my account unless it is something that is a set payment, I do allow my car insurance to be auto deducted but never anything that has the possiblity of the amount changing.  That's where they screw you.  Then you have to fight to get your money back.

0 Likes
kwelbreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

You call and go through the blah blah blah menu and finally after 15 minutes of b/s you are told that due to the high volume of calls you have to wait for the next available representative and then the elevator music starts and periodically the friendly voice will come on telling you how much Verizon loves you and that a representative will be with you and all the time you are visioning the representatives sitting by the phone laughing their **bleep** off at you being on hold and all of a sudden out of nowhere there is a human voice giving you the friendly Verizon greeting and letting you know that the conversation is being recorded and then they go through the security check on your account and after that they say how may I screw you..whooops did I say screw sorry I meant how may I help you at that point you are so frustrated from going through the menu and being put on hold that you just want to scream go {word filter avoidance}yourself So you count to 10 and kindly precede with your billing or service concerns the representative listens because he/she has heard the same thing over and over and over from different customers after you spill out your heart the representative says hold on while I pull up your info on my computer screen Oh my I am seeing on my computer that you are paying blah blah for your service and I can sign you up for faster internet and a better fios channel package and I can add your cell phone and you will be saving money every month and you WILL NOT have to sign up for another 2 years of course everyone in their right minds is always looking for better deals and a better life so I agreed and that is the day I went to Verizon fios hell because over the past 3 months I have paid Verizon close to 1000.00 dollars and as of the 1st of June they have already posted my June 22nd whopper (bill) So I e mailed them and asked where my 250.00 dollars is for being a new customer because you are treating me as a new customer with a new account number and a new 2 year contract The representatives work for Verizon and of course they are not going to do but what Verizon trains them to do so you are not going to get any satisfaction so you are beating a dead horse and when you hang the phone up you are so **bleep** frustrated that you could run outside and stick your head in a mailbox and scream your lungs out Verizon is getting away with a crime and they are usually lying and stealing from people because we have limited choices when it comes to their product so they have the upper hand and if we don't like it we can do without or go to the other cable companies who eventually suck you down into their hell hole hopefully the federal government will start interacting somewhere down the road and keep a close monitoring eye on these thefts and start smacking their hands in the cookie jar Now thats my take I would love to hear yours.

kwelbreeze
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going to keep insisting that I am a new customer because when I fell for the upgrade sales pitch and was told I would not have to start a new 2 year contract in which I was tricked into a new 2 year contract after all and I have a new account number so I e mailed Verizon and asked for my 250.00 debit card as a new customer because when new customers sign on they get a new account number and the 250.00 debit card....

0 Likes