Being Charged For Equipment I Don't Have!!!!
Carol999

I opened this account in November 2014.  I have all my own equipment (ActionTec Router for wifi, Tivo units for cable TV), and simply needed to rent TWO cablecards from Verizon.  There is no way to place an order like this online, I chatted with Verizon BEFORE placing the order and was told to go ahead and place a "regular" order with set top boxes (STBs), and then simply return them to the local FIOS store and exchange them for the two cablecards I actually DID want.  I did that on 11/24/15, so now I am being charged $9.98/month for two cablecards @ $4.99 each (legitimate charge) - but I am ALSO being charged $20/month for "Fios Equipment Package"! 

When I got my first bill on 12/28/15 I chatted with Rhiannon {edited for privacy}).  She stated:

[edited to comply with the guidelines]

Sounds like a lie, but OK.  I waited two months.  The error was never corrected, and I was paying $20/month for equipment I DO NOT HAVE!!!  On 1/29/15 I chatted with Danyel {edited for privacy}.  She stated:

[edited to comply with the guidelines]

The chat was interrupted, and resumed by Theresa : Chat ID for this session is {edited for privacy}

Theresa confirmed that Danyel had issued a credit to my account, but ONLY for ONE month (not the THREE months I had been charged to date for this equipment!).  Theresa went on to say:

Since she has credited those charges, you should no longer see the incorrect charges on the next bill.  Any unreturned charge for the equipment charge will automatically be processed on your next bill.

Here we are two months later and STILL I am being charged for this equipment!  I'm having a real problem believing that Verizon can be SO incompetent (seriously you want me to believe when I return equipment to a Verizon FIOS store where you scan the barcode and issue me a receipt, that it takes THREE MONTHS to be reflected to my account?!?!?!), so that just leaves intention fraud.

This is my LAST attempt to try to get you to FIX MY ACCOUNT, PERMANENTLY - AND REFUND THE MONEY YOU HAVE INTENTIONALLY OVERCHARGED ME SINCE NOVEMBER!!!  If you can fix this GREAT, life goes on.  If not, I'll just send the entire matter, including my original order, monthly invoices and transcripts of all of the chats I have had to the MA Attorney General and you can explain to THEM why you are defrauding an elderly customer!

0 Likes
Re: Being Charged For Equipment I Don't Have!!!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes