Being Charged for Returned Equipment
pemcgra
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has to be a joke, FiOS rated as number 1 in customer service. Almost a year ago I switched to Verizon FiOS, and bundled my TV, Phone, and Internet.  For the TV service I received three digital adapters because my TV's were not digital ready.  After a couple of months when the charge for the digital adapters changed from $3.99 a month to $5.99 a month I decided to get new digital ready TV's.  I called Verizon and requested a return of the three digital adapters, which was accomplished early in November 2012.  I have a receipt that the three digital adapters were received by Verizon.  Every month since than the three digital adapters have appeared on my Verizon bill, and every month I have called Verizon to get it removed from my monthly bill.  Every representative has assured me that they will be removed from all future bills.  For some reason they have all been wrong.  Customer service is none existent, so how can it be rated number 1.  I figure the only way to get rid of the charge forever is to switch my bundled service to another provider.

Re: Being Charged for Returned Equipment
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.  Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We had to close your case due to no response.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply here and we will proceed accordingly.

Thanks!

-Denyse_VZ

0 Likes
evaldes

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon thing.  This is the second time I have had Verizon.  I switched to another company, and a couple of years later went back to Verizon for the better deal.  Last time, it was a billing error.  When I cancelled, they interpreted that as 'unbundle my services and charge me anything you want'.  It took 16 months to clear that mess up.

Last month, we disconnected from Verizon and returned the equipment by shipping through the UPS store following Verizon's customer service instructions.  Here's the picture of the equipment I returned (yes, you can tell how much we trust Verizon to get things right that we took a picture while at the UPS store).

We shipped it on 6/4 and got confirmation that they received the package on 6/5.  A few days ago, I get a bill showing a credit and buried in the notes on the last page. "Please turn in the router".. for those who don't know what the router is, it's that item on the attached picture sitting on top of one of the set top boxes.  The thing that we returned.  Oy!  It looks like we're in for another 16-month inquisition to get our refund (credit) back.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon and sent them the photo?

0 Likes