Being billed even though the phone was out of service.
LWhite54

Long story short: I called Verizon on 3/31/16 because my landline was out of order.  Today, 7/18/16, it was finally repaired after I had scheduled repair appointments 5 times before a tech who actually knew what he was doing came to my rescue.  But Verizon has continued to bill me the entire time.  I have a bundle with phone and internet (which has worked all along, BTW) so have continued to make partial payments of approximately 58% of the bill since, by my calculations, that is about the percentage of the DSL portion.   I attempted an online chat back in mid-June,  but was told that each repair ticket was being closed after the tech was unable to solve the problem.   I was told at that time the Verizon's policy was to only make a billing adjustment for the time frame that the repair ticket was open.  That is, of course, ridiculous in my situation since the closing of the tickets happened without any repair being accomplished.  Until today, that is. 

What mjust I do to fight this Verizon policy.  As I said, I have no problem paying for what I actually received, but my personal policy is to not pay for services that I don't get.

0 Likes
Re: Being billed even though the phone was out of service.
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LWhite54,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes